Oracle Interview Experience for Project Intern (On-Campus) 2021
Job Description: Oracle is super focused on nurturing talent from your school across all these years including the current one. To meet Oracle’s rapidly growing business & resulting talent needs, we are opening Project Intern roles and are looking at candidates from the 2023 graduating batch for Internship.
Business Group: Oracle – NetSuite
Job Profile: Project Intern
Job Location: Hyderabad (converted to REMOTE)
Eligibility :B.E./B.Tech with specialization in CSE/ IT – Graduating in 2023
CGPA: 7/10 and above or a percentage equivalent to 70% and above.
Note: Students should not have Active Backlogs in any semester.
Online Assessment: Students who have registered and met the eligibility criteria mentioned above have got the online assessment link. The test consisted of the following sections in brief.
- Computer fundamentals (DBMS, OOPs, Code snippets(C/Java), DSA).
- There were around 100 questions on all of these topics and all of them were MCQs.
Technical Round 1: Students who got shortlisted during the online assessment received the Preplacement Talk(PPT) and Interview links. PPT started around 9 AM and lasted for an hour. Technical Interview Round – 1 started around 10 AM. We were put into breakout rooms on zoom till our turn comes. Questions covered in the interview were
- Introduce Yourself.
- Technical Concepts (Core Java and OOPs in my scenario).
- 2 Coding questions.
- Given a string as input, return a string based on the given example.
Eg: Input: aaaaabbbbccaa | Output: a5b4c2a2
- Given a matrix, sort the rows of the matrix based on the last column value. I have solved using a custom comparator.
Eg: given a 3X3 Matrix, 1 2 5 4 3 1 1 6 3 Output: 4 3 1 1 6 3 1 2 5
After solving both the coding questions, I was put in the lobby to wait for the next round.
Technical Round 2: In this round, I was asked the following questions.
- Introduce Yourself.
- Follow-up questions based on your intro.
- Projects discussion.
- Coding Question (Find the ceil of a given number in a sorted array).
- DBMS query (Selection based on ‘GROUP BY’ clause with conditions).
- Basic Intro.
- Education history and achievements.
- Future Plans.
- How would you like to contribute to ORACLE?
- 1 Coding question – (basic string manipulation question).
Conclusion: By EOD(i.e., on 19/10/2021), I was offered this internship opportunity. I would say every round was equally important and challenging. Trust the process and give your best!
Thank you for reading till the end! I hope my interview experience has helped you gain more insights into how the on-campus internship process happens and how to be prepared for it. It’s always a privilege for me to share my knowledge and experiences and I’m always open to such opportunities. Share this blog with your friends/siblings which might help them.