Oracle Interview Experience for Member of Technical Staff (On-Campus)
Oracle came to our campus for Member of Technical Staff FTE positions for two profiles – Server Technology and Oracle Financial Services.
Round 1(Online Test): The test was conducted on their own platform, web cam were kepton the entire time and consisted MCQs questions from
- Qualitative Aptitude
- Data Structure (A lot of questions from BST, AVL Tress)
A total of around 80 questions were there and you have to attempt questions in serial order, once attempted you cant go back to previous questions. Time management is of utmost importance as questions were relatively easy but time was less.
Round 2(Technical Interview-1): The interviews were held on Zoom and panel of 4 people were present. It started with basic introductions and they jumped straight to questions.
- Count the frequency of words encountered in the given paragraph. Then folllow up questions regarding displaying the words and frequency in ascending and descending order. Had to check the border cases where special characters are also encountered in the paragraph. I gave an optimised solution O(n) using dictionary in python.
- Minimum flips to convert a paranthesis expression to a balanced one. The is a DP problem and I knew the solution but took some to think and also gave a brute force approach.
- Check if two strings are anagram of each other. First i gave a hashing based approach in O(n) space complexity, then the interviewer told me to give a O(1) space complexity solution. I was able to come up with a solution and Interviewer was satisfied with it.
I was able to clear this round.
Round 3(Technical Interview-2): This round was more focused on the theoretical aspect of Computer Science fundamentals.
- They asked me questions regarding OOPS concepts (All 4 along with examples and case studies).
- Then some questions on OS – deadlock, semaphores, Virtual Memory, difference between 32 bit and 64 bit systems.
- One coding question – Subarray sum equal to given number.
- One puzzle – Egg Breaking Puzzle
- Then a brief discussion about my projects and internship.
Overall this round took about an hour and 30 minutes and detailed discussions were done on OOPS concept and the interviewer seemed satisfied with my answers.
Round 4(Interview-3 HR-Managerial): This round was a Managerial round and questions asked were HR types like what are your strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 10 years. A situation where you had to made tough choices and how you overcame them.
- Then some discussions about my internship and one small system design problem where i had to design an elevator system in a building.The interviewer was more focused on seeing how i approached the problem rather than actually seeing my solutions.
- Then he briefly discussed with me the working of Oracle and its various products and we had a casual conversation as he was also a NIT Rourkela graduate from 1998.
- He informed me that one more final HR round would held but i never received any email for this round.
- At around midnight the results came.
Verdict – Selected for Server Technology Profile
- Stay calm during the interviews.
- Ask doubts whenever you can.
- Give a brute force solution and explain it and then code the optimise solution.
- Prepare well for OT as time given is less.
- Prepare AVL Trees and BSTs for MCQs
- Prepare puzzles from GeeksforGeeks.
Please Login to comment...