Oracle Financial Interview Experience for Software Services | On Campus
Company: Oracle Financial Software Services (OFSS)
Batch and Criteria: 2022/7.0 CGPA and above/no backlogs/CSE, ECE, and IT
Rounds: Aptitude Test, Technical Rounds.
OFSS shortlisted around 320+ students from our campus for their online aptitude test conducted on their own platform. The aptitude test consisted of multiple sections comprising a total of a 2-hour test duration.
The aptitude test had the following sections: (I have combined few sections as per what I remember regarding it)
Quantitative, Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Computer and software fundamentals MCQs, Attention to detail, Online written test, SQL and Programming Fundamentals, JAVA code based-MCQs (AVL trees).
All the questions were multiple-choice (no negative marking) except the written test in which you have to type the answers to a couple of general HR questions. The aptitude test is heavily time-constrained. Be fast and accurate.
Around 70+ students were shortlisted for the interview process.
The interview was divided into two technical rounds. Any individual who cleared the first technical round was asked to appear for a second technical interview.
Technical Round 1:
The interviewer started out by asking general managerial questions and then proceeded towards the following technical questions:
- What is SDLC?
- What is DBMS?
- Asked me to solve an aptitude question.
- Asked me to write SQL queries for the given table data.
- Asked me to write a code for reversing the string.
- Questions regarding recent projects and certifications in the resume.
- Few general managerial questions at the end of the interview.
I was shortlisted for another technical round.
Technical Round 2:
The interviewer was pretty straightforward with the approach of the interview. The interview was partly divided into technical and HR questions:
- What is RDBMS?
- Asked me to provide an example of RDBMS. (Couldn’t answer at that point, went blank.)
- Asked me a few SQL fundamental questions.
- Asked me to write multiple SQL queries as per the table provided.
- Asked me to write a SQL query to delete duplicate rows in the table (Couldn’t answer at that point, went blank.)
- Asked me to write a C++ code.
- Asked me questions regarding Machine Learning as it was mentioned in my resume.
- Questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses, learning ability, roles in projects.
Both the interviewers were very supportive and friendly. They were fine if I couldn’t answer a few questions. They were only concerned with problem-solving abilities and the ability to learn.
It’s okay if you don’t know a couple of answers. Be confident in what you give.