Off Campus Internship Opportunities Programs For College Students
An internship is the phase of time for which students are offered by companies to come and apply their theoretical knowledge into the practical world by working on real-time industry projects. They provide an amazing opportunity to figure out if you are ready to pursue this career for your entire life or not. It also gives you immense knowledge about the work culture of the company. You will get to know how employees work under pressure and make the right decision in the required time, how work is distributed among teams to work on a particular project. You can learn a lot in few months and this is going to help a lot during placements as internship experience in a candidate’s resume provides an edge over other candidates while applying for fresher jobs. It shows that you already know how the industry works, and you don’t need any specific training which is going to save company resources.
Internships are really beneficial for students, but many students don’t apply for them or apply for irrelevant ones. One of the major reasons for that is the lack of awareness among students in some colleges. Many of them don’t have proper information regarding this, they get to know about these opportunities later. And some of them feel that they are not ready yet to work in the industry. They don’t know how they should apply, how much particular internship benefits them, what is the right time to apply, what are the topics which are asked in interviews, etc. This creates confusion among students, and they start losing hope when they get into their final year of engineering. Anyway if you are in your 2nd or 3rd year, we would highly recommend you to try to get one or two good paid internships.
Now, the question arises how will you apply for them? If you do not have enough knowledge, you will not be able to prepare well. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win” – Zig Zaglar. It’s necessary to make the right strategy to ace your coding interviews and this can be done only if you know everything beforehand.
So here in this article, we are going to talk about some amazing programs which provide internship opportunities for all tier college students who are in their 2nd and 3rd year. You can easily compare and prepare for one which suits you:
1. TCS CodeVita
CodeVita is an online global coding competition conducted by Tata Consultancy Services Limited every year with the objective of recognizing passionate coders all over the world. TCS also hires undergraduate/postgraduate students through CodeVita. It consists of three rounds:
- Pre-Qualifier Round (Online Round): Each participant is provided with 6 hours of time to solve the given problems. This round will be open for 24 hours, so participants can choose any 6 hours to start the challenge. There will be two zonal rounds for the Pre-Qualifier Stage in India, participant will be provided zones according to their form details.
- Qualifier Round (Online Round): It will happen after the completion of all Pre-Qualifier rounds across the world. Top performers from the zonal round will get a chance to participate in this round. 6 hours will be provided to solve the questions.
- Grand Finale (Offline Round): Top performers of the Qualifier round will get a chance to participate in this round. It will be held in the Tata Consultancy Services Limited office in India. The top 3 contestants will be declared as winners of the contests and will get the cash prize. The first prize will be around 10,000 USD, 2nd price can be 7,000 USD and 3rd prize will be around 3,000 USD.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students in Undergraduates/Post Graduates programs related to Engineering & Science Background (any specialization).
- Languages Allowed: C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Perl, and PHP
- Registration Cost: Free
You will get an interview call even after just clearing the pre-qualifier round. To prepare for the pre-qualifier round you can consider these topics.
- Important Topics: Questions 1-3 are not very hard questions which generally comes from these topics — Math (Patterns, Logic, Factorials, Prime Numbers), Calculations(Geometry, Financials), Array (Max element, Min element, Searching and Sorting), Strings (Frequency, Mapping characters)
- The remaining questions generally come from these topics – Data Structures (Queue, Maps, Graphs), Advanced math (Fermat’s theorem, Lucas theorem), Dynamic Programming(1D & 2D memorization), Backtracking and Recursion (Game Solving).
2. TCS EngiNX
EngiNX is an Engineering Innovation contest from Tata Consultancy Services Limited in which participants have to identify an interesting solution to the problem statements to be shared by the organization with qualifying teams of Round 1 using Digital Technologies, IoT, Data Analytics, and Cognitive Systems. It is a team event comprising 3 members from the same institute. Students stand a chance to win up to INR 6 Lakhs and a career with TCS.
Eligibility Criteria: The contest is open to students from the 2022 and 2023 batches.
- Online Round
- Qualification Round (MCQs related to IoT, physics, mathematics, and analytics ability)
- Starts: 2nd March 2021, 04:30 UTC
- Ends: 2nd March 2021, 11:30 UTC
- Online Round
- Solution Proposal Round (Teams have to provide their project ideas )
- Starts: 8th March 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Ends: 9th April 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Online Round
- Product Status Round(To showcase the status of the project)
- Starts: 16th April 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Ends: 20th June 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Takes Place: At the Venue
- Grand Finale Development of Working Model and Presentation (Complete working model)
- Starts: 27th June 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Ends: 23rd July 2021, 12:30 UTC
Every round is an elimination round, only the best participant will be able to go further.
Registration: 20 Jan, 2021, 10:30 UTC to 28 Feb, 2021, 18:30 UTC.
3. Amdocs Hackfest
Amdocs is a multinational corporation that was founded in Israel and is currently headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, with support and development centers located worldwide. Amdocs Hackfest provides a platform for engineering graduates to build and showcase their talent to the world. This challenge is divided into three phases :
- An aptitude/coding round: Participants will have to prove their coding skills.
- Idea submission round: Participants will form a team and share their ideas on the Hacker Earth portal.
- Onsite presentation round: Qualified teams will present their projects.
- B.E./ B. Tech – 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-year students.
- MCA -2nd and 3rd-year students.
- Round 1 (05 March, 11:30 AM IST – 22 March, 06:00 AM IST)
- Result announcement of 1st round (22 – 23 March)
- Round 2 (24 – 07 April)
- Result announcement of 2nd round (08 – 15 April)
- Round 3 and final results (6 May)
- First Prize: INR 100000
- Second Prize: INR 50000
- Top 10: Exciting gadgets
4. Google Hash Code
A team programming competition for students and professionals around the world where top rankers stand a chance to be interviewed by a Google recruiter. Whether you’re new to coding or a seasoned expert, Hash Code is a great chance to flex your programming skills and have some fun.
- Individual registration: Opens on Jan 7 2021, 17:00(UTC) and Closes on Feb 24 2021, 11:00 (UTC)
- Hub registration: Opens on Nov 23, 2020 and Closes on Feb 18 2021, 16:00 (UTC)
- Online qualification round: Feb 25 2021, 17:30(UTC) to Feb 25 2021, 21:30 (UTC)
- Online qualification round results announced: Mar 2, 2021
- Final round: April 24, 2021
Eligibility Criteria: You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time you register for a contest in order to participate in the contest; however, to participate in a final round of Hash Code, you must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
5. Google Code Jam
Looking to hone your skills through series of fun and intriguing algorithmic challenges? Google’s longest-running global coding competition, Code Jam, call on programmers around the world to solve challenging, algorithmic puzzles against the clock. Contestants advance through four online-hosted rounds to compete at the annual Code Jam World Finals that are held at a different international Google office each year. Top rankers stand a chance to be interviewed by a Google recruiter.
- Registration opens on Feb 16 2021, 19:00 (UTC) and will remain open until Mar 28 2021, 02:00 (UTC)
- Qualification Round 2021, Start : Mar 26 2021, 23:00 (UTC) End : Mar 28 2021, 02:00 (UTC) Duration : 27 hours
- Round 1A 2021, Start : Apr 10 2021, 01:00 (UTC) End : Apr 10 2021, 03:30 (UTC) Duration : 2 hrs 30 mins
- Round 1B 2021, Start : Apr 25 2021, 16:00 (UTC) End : Apr 25 2021, 18:30 (UTC) Duration : 2 hrs 30 mins
- Round 1C 2021, Start : May 1, 2021, 09:00 (UTC) End : May 1, 2021, 11:30 (UTC) Duration : 2 hrs 30 mins
- Round 2 2021, Start : May 15, 2021, 14:00 (UTC) End : May 15, 2021, 16:30 (UTC) Duration : 2 hrs 30 mins
- Round 3 2021, Start : Jun 5 2021, 14:00 (UTC) End : Jun 5 2021, 16:30 (UTC) Duration : 2 hrs 30 mins
- World Finals 2021, Start : Aug 7 2021, 10:30 (UTC) End : Aug 7 2021, 14:30 (UTC) Duration : 4 hrs
Eligibility Criteria: You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time you register for a contest to participate in contest; however, to participate in a final round of Code Jam, you must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
6. Samsung Parichay
A program aimed at building a long-term association between Samsung Research Bangalore and academia. This is an opportunity for students to showcase their coding skills and get an opportunity to intern at SRI Bangalore. The internship experience will expose students to important technology trends and will give them a chance to work on some cutting-edge technologies.
Eligibility Criteria: This challenge is open to 2nd-year Computer Science and related engineering students. It is an individual challenge. The shortlisted students will be given Samsung goodies and the finalists will be offered the internship opportunity with Samsung after 2nd & 3rd years of engineering.
- Total Rounds : 3 rounds (Online)
- Expected Time: February
Note: It was not held in 2020 and there is no information yet on their official website regarding this.
CodeAgon is the yearly nationwide online coding contest through which CodeNation hires engineering graduates. You have to solve around six problems in the given time (4 hours generally).
- 1st position: INR 1,00,000 cash + goodies
- 2nd position: INR 50,000 cash + goodies
- 3rd position; INR 25,000 cash + goodies
- 4th to 10th position: INR 5,000 cash + goodies
- 11th to 20th position:INR 2,000 cash + goodies
Eligibility Criteria: Participant must reside in India and be a fresher (Graduating in 2021/2022/2023) pursuing B.Tech, B.E., M.Tech, M.E., M.C.A, M.S., Dual degree – M.Tech + B.Tech, Ph.D.
Expected Time: September
- Duration – 2 months
- Projects – Live project where you can see the impact of what you create in these 2 months.
8. JP Morgan Chase Code For Good Hackathon
Code for Good hackathon provides an opportunity to collaborate with other coders and solve real-world problems. Participants come to one of their offices to work alongside company technology experts in teams and brainstorm for twenty-four hours on how to solve a challenge that they’re facing.
- Round 1: Online Coding test — MCQs and 2 coding questions.
- Round 2: Online video submission round.
- Round 3: Hackathon with problem statements.
Eligibility Criteria: Students who are graduating in 2022 can participate.
Expected Time: March.