NXP Semiconductors Interview Experience for Intern+FTE (On-Campus)
Recently, NXP Semiconductors visited The DTU Campus for recruitment of 6 Month Intern + FTE Role. All the students above 7 CGPA were eligible from Branches CSE/IT/SE ( B.Tech and M.Tech ) for Software Engineer Role. The process had 4 Rounds:
- Online Assessment
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
- HR Round
ONLINE ASSESSMENT: The online test was conducted on campus which had 65 MCQ-based questions to be completed in 60 Minutes. The question was mostly from C language Code outputs, Operating systems, Cryptography Basics, and networking. Each question had 3 Marks weightage with 1 mark negative scoring for incorrect answers. Around 30 students were shortlisted for interviews.
TECHNICAL ROUND 1: This round was focused on technical questions from C language and Operating Systems. Some of the questions asked were:
- Storage Classes in C
- Volatile Keyword
- Const Keyword
- Usage of Volatile and Const Keywords in real life.(Ex: Reading Data from Pen drives)
- C Program Compilation Stages
- Struct vs Union
- Pass By Value and Pass By Reference for Pointers
- Calculate the Size of the struct without using the inbuilt function. (use pointer arithmetic)
- What are the Different roles/components of OS?
- What is Inter-Process Communication? Its Types.Explain
- Scheduling Algorithms
- Types of Memory
- Hierarchy of Memory in Computers.
Some of the Programs that were asked for which u have to write code are:
- Program To Sort Array of 0s and 1s.
- Write strcmp( ) function using char pointers.
- Swap the First and Last Byte of a Number.
- Set a specific Bit in A number.
3 Students were selected for Second Round.
Technical Round 2: This round was conducted by two Senior Engineers. This round was more focused to check the interests and technical basics of the C and Operating Systems. The questions asked were:
- Macro to Multiply two Arithmetic Expressions.
- Stages of C program Compilation.
- There are two overlapping blocks of Memory, and we have to copy data from one block to another.
- Process Context
- Swapping Of Process
- Need of OS.
3 students were selected for HR Round.
4. HR Round: This round was conducted by HR . Basic Questions like:
- Tell me about Yourself.
- What do you know about the Company?
- Why NXP?
- Why we should Hire You?
Finally, 3 students were given a 6-month Intern+ FTE offer, I was one of them and additionally, 10 Students were offered a 6-month Intern role with a PPO opportunity. I would suggest that basic fundamentals of C and the Operating System must be brushed up. All The Best.