NTA UGC NET 2021 – Computer Science and Applications (087)
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level exam, conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), to provide job opportunities for the posts of Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor. Candidates who successfully pass the examination get recruited for particular posts in Indian Universities and Colleges. The official notification for UGC NET 2021 is expected to release soon by NTA and to know everything about the exam in detail, you’re recommended to go through the complete article.
You need to ensure that you satisfy the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for the UGC NET exam:
1. Age Limit: For JRF, the maximum age is 30 years and for Assistant Professor, there is no upper age limit.
2. Educational Qualifications:
- The General / Unreserved / General-EWS candidates are required to have a Master’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks and the Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disability / Transgender category candidates required 50% marks.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
Also, you can check the detailed eligibility criteria including information like relaxation schemes, etc. from the official website.
Selection Process and Exam Pattern
The selection of the candidates will be based on the performance in Online Examination. The exam will be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) and will consist of two papers. The candidate will get 2 marks for each correct answer and there is no negative marking for an incorrect answer. It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in both – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1: The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper 2: This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.
No. Of Questions
|I||UGC NET Research & Teaching Aptitude||50||100||3 Hours|
(Computer Science and Applications)
The eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for the award of JRF. The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
What to Prepare?
Based on various previous year question papers and other parameters, we’ve compiled a list of the most important topics that you need to cover to crack the exam:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
Paper 2: (Computer Science and Applications – 087)
- Discrete Structures and Optimization (Mathematical Logic, Sets and Relations, Counting, Mathematical Induction, and Discrete Probability, Group Theory, Graph Theory, Boolean Algebra, Optimization)
- Computer System Architecture (Digital Logic Circuits and Components, Data Representation, Register Transfer and Micro operations, Basic Computer Organization and Design, Programming the Basic Computer, Micro programmed Control, Central Processing Unit, Pipeline, and Vector Processing, Input-Output Organization, Memory Hierarchy, Multiprocessors)
- Programming Languages and Computer Graphics (Language Design and Translation Issues, Elementary Data Types, Programming in C, Object-Oriented Programming, Programming in C++, Web Programming, Computer Graphics, 2-D and 3-D Geometrical Transforms and Viewing)
- Database Management Systems (Database System Concepts and Architecture, Data Modeling, SQL, Normalization for Relational Databases, Enhanced Data Models, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Big Data Systems, NoSQL)
- System Software and Operating System (System Software, Basics of Operating Systems, Process Management, Threads, CPU Scheduling, Deadlocks, Memory Management, Storage Management, File and Input/Output Systems, Security, Virtual Machines, Linux Operating Systems, Windows Operating Systems, Distributed Systems)
- Software Engineering (Software Process Model, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Quality, Estimation and Scheduling of Software Projects, Software Testing, Software Configuration Management)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (Data Structures, Performance Analysis of Algorithms and Recurrences, Design Techniques, Lower Bound Theory, Graph Algorithms, Complexity Theory, Selected Topics, Advanced Algorithms)
- Theory of Computation and Compilers (Theory of Computation, Regular Language Models, Context-Free Language, Turing Machines (TM), Unsolvable Problems and Computational Complexity, Syntax Analysis, Semantic Analysis, Run-Time System, Intermediate Code Generation, Code Generation, and Code Optimization)
- Data Communication and Computer Networks (Data Communication, Computer Networks, Network Models, Functions of OSI and TCP/IP Layers, World Wide Web(WWW), Network Security, Mobile Technology, Cloud Computing, and IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (Approaches to AI, Knowledge Representation, Planning, Natural Language Processing, Multi-Agent Systems, Fuzzy Sets, Genetic Algorithms (GA), Artificial Neural Networks)
The expected timeline for NTA UGC NET 2021 is provided below:
|Notification Release||March 2021|
|Last Date of Registration||April 2021|
|Dates of Examination||June 2021|
|Result Announcement||To be announced|
The Call Letter / Admit Card for NTA UGC NET 2021 can be downloaded from the official website. And all the candidates must keep in mind that if you won’t carry the admit card with you on the day of the exam, you won’t be able to appear for the exam.
How to Apply?
The application form for NTA UGC NET 2021 can be filled in online mode with an application fee of Rs.1000/- for General / Unreserved, Rs.500/- for Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL, and Rs.250/- for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender candidates (as per last year information). The steps to fill the application form are provided below:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET and click on the “Apply Online” button under UGC-NET 2021.
- Then enter the details required in the registration form and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Upload the required images of photograph and signature as per specifications.
- Pay UGC NET online Application Fee
- Take a printout of the submitted application form and keep it safe for future use.
You’re strongly recommended to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the particular exam and provide correct details in the application form as a little mistake from your side can make you lose the remarkable job opportunity!