NCR Corporation Interview Experience for SDE | On-Campus 2021
Round 1: Online Test
This round was conducted on HackerRank on 28th September 2021. The test consisted of 20 MCQs and 2 programming questions of easy-medium difficulty.
- The MCQs were focused on CS fundamentals (OS, DBMS, OOP Concepts), Aptitude, SQL queries, and code outputs. They were easy-moderate.
- Metro Land festival
- Minimum Swaps
33 students got past this round.
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
Time: 40 minutes.
The interviews were held on 30th September 2021. The interview started with me introducing myself and then the following topics were discussed:
- Code for minimizing the sum of absolute differences between adjacent elements in an array
- Code for Binary search
- Code for printing pairs with target sum in the array
- SQL Query
- OOP code snippets output
- Egg-dropping problem approach (Recursive)
- OOP concepts
- DBMS concepts
Round 3: Technical Interview 2
Time: 30 minutes.
This round consisted of the following:
- Project discussion from resume
- Questions on REST
- Broken clock equal sum puzzle
- OOP snippets
- Compiler vs Interpreter (in-depth)
Round 4: Managerial Interview
Time: 15 minutes.
This round was very chill and was more like a casual conversation with the interviewer. He asked about my college hostel facilities, my nickname, and other casual stuff. He then briefed about what NCR does and the work locations and culture. There were two technical questions though:
- Which is your favorite data structure? And why?
- How will you swap two variables without any third variable and no arithmetic operators? (Use XOR)
I was not able to complete the swapping program but I still got selected.
Round 5: HR Interview
Time: 10 minutes.
This round was the shortest and consisted of the following:
- Where do you stay?
- What programming languages are you comfortable with?
- Briefed about the organization and work culture.
That’s it! The shortlist was declared the next day and 3 students were selected.
Please Login to comment...