Navi Technologies Interview Experience for SDE 1 (On-Campus) 2022
Navi Technologies visited our campus in August to hire for the role of SDE 1. There were 3 rounds in total.
Round 1 (Online Test): This round was conducted in DoSelect platform. There were 4 sections in total to be completed in 2 hours.
Aptitude: 20 questions based on profit and loss, ratio and proportion, compound interest, clock, and logical reasoning.
Math: 25 questions based on permutation and combination, probability, algebra, number theory, and equations.
Coding (Level A): 2 questions
- There are cities numbered 1 to N with every city having painted with either of the K colors. The cities are connected via bidirectional roads that form a tree structure. You can only visit cities of the same colors via roads starting from anywhere. Print the maximum number of cities you can visit.
- Encode string based on the sequence in which they occur by mapping with the alphabetical sequence. For example, “BAMBOO” becomes “ABCADD”.
Coding (Level B): 1 question
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a stock at most K times. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/maximum-profit-by-buying-and-selling-a-share-at-most-k-times/)
19 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): This round was scheduled for 45 minutes on Google Meet.
The interviewer started on a friendly note by introducing herself followed by my introduction. After that, she asked me to open any IDE and share my screen. 2 DSA problems were asked in this round.
- Find the first triplet that sums to K or else print -1. (https://leetcode.com/problems/3sum/)
- Find the median of running stream of integers. (https://leetcode.com/problems/find-median-from-data-stream/)
She asked if I had any questions for her. I asked about the work culture at Navi and she told me about her own experiences and how they impact the lives of people through their work.
12 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 3 (Hiring Manager Interview): This round was scheduled for 1 hour on Google Meet.
There were 2 interviewers for this round. Both of them introduced themselves after which I gave my introduction. It was supposed to be more like a discussion session than an interview.
- I had mentioned my internship experience and one of them was interested to know more about it. This began a long discussion about the problem statement, the tech stack that I worked on, factors that were considered while choosing the tech stack, what was the outcome, and the overall impact of the project.
- Then he shared a google doc link and wrote a problem on it and asked me to write a function to solve it.
- Given a BST where each of the nodes have hidden weights, find the heavier of two given nodes.
- It took me some time to understand the problem but I was thinking in a complex direction.
- He gave me a hint on how can you get the ascending order of a BST.
- It struck me that we can simply do an inorder traversal and return the node that appears later.
They seemed satisfied with my solution and asked if I have any questions for them. I asked about their experience working at Navi and what technologies freshers get to work on.
Finally, 5 students were selected.
- Practice DSA regularly and do all the standard questions.
- Keep telling your approach while solving a problem. Begin by explaining the brute force solution and then optimize it.
- Do not be nervous. The interviewers are there to help and guide you.
Please Login to comment...