MyKaarma Interview | (On-Campus for Internship)
MyKaarma visited our campus for both placements and internship. I am going to share my experience for internship.
ROUND – 1( MCQ Round)
The first round comprised of 45 MCQ questions distributed in 3 sections(Test Duration: 1:30 hour) :-
Section 1: Aptitute (15 questions)
Section 2: DS & Algo (15 questions)
Section 3: OS & Networking(15 questons)
DS & Algorithm Section mostly contained questions from DP and some famous graph algorithms. Some Cpp output questions were also there.
On basis of this test 25-30 students were shortlisted for round 2.
ROUND – 2 (Coding Round)
This round had 2 coding questions. (Test Duration: 45 mins)
First one was from hashing and second one was from Graph( Modified version of Dijkstra ).
On basis of this test 5 students were shortlisted for interview round.
ROUND – 3 (Interview Round-1)
This round was mostly puzzles based.
1) The interviewer initially checked my CV but didn’t seemed much interested in it.
2) He did asked me some basic intro questions from my CV.
3) He asked 3-4 puzzles questions and asked to generalize my solution and he heavily focused on corner cases.
This round lasted for about 1/2 hour.
ROUND – 4(Interview Round-2)
This round was mostly about algorithms and data structures based problem solving.
1) He had reviewed my codes from Coding round so he initially gave me some suggestions regarding my solutions.
2) He discussed my solutions from coding round… like why I choose this solution and if I can come up with any other/better solution.
3) He asked me some basic questions on data structures and then about min heap, And told me to implement it.
4) He asked me to solve Counting Inversions Problem.
In counting inversion problem I initially suggested simple O(n*n) solution and then I suggested O(nlogn) solution using merge sort. He was satisfied with my solution.
5) Then he continued discussion on sorting algorithms like Quick Sort and then about non-comparison based sorting algorithms.
This round lasted for about 30-40 minutes.
ROUND – 5(Written Based)
There were 2 questions.(10 mins given for each problem)
1) First problem was to explain the training of a machine learning model that would be used for SMS spam filtering.
An example data set was given and we were asked to explain in detail preprocessing, Feature designing/selection or any other steps involved.
We also had to explain how to find the weight matrix if linear regression was used.
2) Second problem was: Given a path with the set of points p1, …pn, each representing the GPS location of a moving car, pick a subsequence (for storage) such that the size is as small as possible while the path still is similar to the original path.
Then, solve the problem in an online fashion. I.e., make decision for p1 … pk without knowing the values of p_k+1 etc.
On basis of this test 2 students were selected for a final telephonic interview.
ROUND – 6(Telephonic Interview)
In this round the interviewer had already reviewed my solutions for round 2. So initially,
1) He discussed my approach for both the questions asked in previous round.
2) He was satisfied with my solution for first problem so we mostly discussed about what other improvements we can make to that solution.
3) He was not satisfied with my solution for second problem and I didn’t had much idea about that question so we didn’t discussed much about it.
4) He checked my CV and asked me to explain my projects.
5) Then I had done a machine learning based project during my 2nd year internship at DRDO and he discussed a lot about that project.
6) He asked me some basic questions related to Image Processing. As I had mentioned Image Processing in my CV and also discussed one of my Image processing based project.
7) Most of my projects were related to machine learning. So he asked me about some basic machine learning algorithms like Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Tree.
8) Then he discussed with me about some basic unsupervised learning algorithms like K-means clustering.
9) He also asked me if i had studied NLP. As, I had already done a project involving NLP but i had not mentioned this project in my CV. So i explained this one to him and he was quite interested in this project and also suggested me to add this one to my CV.
This round took quite a long… I am not sure about the exact timings.
Finally 3 students were offered Internship.( Luckily I was one of them 🙂 )
I was selected for LABS profile and other two were selected for Developer profile.
1) You should know each and every word of your Resume.
2) You should be good at puzzles.
3) You should be good at DS & Algo.
4) For Labs profile You should also be really good at ML.
Note : In between all these rounds we were sitting with the HR and were having some informal talk. So we didn’t had any formal HR round.