Microsoft Interview Experience | 8 Years Experienced
I had a total of 4 rounds. Focus was more on algorithms, problem-solving, system design, and few behavioural questions. Interview process took 15 days from first interview to offer letter.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Rotate 2d array clockwise and anti clock wise 90 degrees.2d array need not be square
- Few questions on projects I worked on.
- How do you implement throttling for your website?
- An attacker is constantly hitting your service api. You should send the response as “try after sometime” if threshold exceeds certain requests(Slinging window algorithm based time slots)
Round 3(Principle Software Engineer)
- Implement N-tree collapse(anynode) and decollapse(anyNode).when called get childnodes(sequence of collapse and decollates should be considered and should return the child nodes).discussions on extra space vs extra time. recursion vs iteration
Round 4(Hiring manager interview) 1.5 hours: I found this interview interesting. Mix of tech and behavioural
- Read a row which has username, amount,
- Apply discount and write same to table
- Call rest api to update respective user’s credit service
We need to process records in batches. He is looking into failure handling cases.
- How much time you spend on coding.
- What are your career goals.
- What critical problem you solved in your career.
- Last question, current ctc