“If you want to clear your next Coding Interview, practice as many programming questions as you can!” – An obvious advice that a guy who’s preparing for a coding interview often gets.
We always hear that Practice makes a man perfect, right…?? No doubt, it is very much true as well. However, in practical terms, this statement is not sufficient alone as there are several other factors also that come along with this ideology and one needs to follow them to get the actual success. And these factors are:
- Consistent and Persistent Practice
- Practice in Right Environment and with Right Resources
- Get the Most Out of Each Practice
If we relate it to the Coding Interview scenario – you’re not only required to solve multiple programming questions, but you need to do this practice consistently. And that too with the right set of programming questions as you can’t expect to crack the interview by solving only easy questions or irrelevant questions – you need to find out the questions that are actually asked in the interview and solve them to get better results. Other than that, if you fail to solve a particular question or commit some mistakes – you need to evaluate the things and get your concepts cleared to avoid doing the same in the future.
To make all the above tasks a bit convenient and efficient for you – GeeksforGeeks is providing you with a recurring biweekly Contest Series which is designed in such a way that it will Simulate the Coding Interview Rounds of Top IT Giants. Here, you will get to solve the actual coding-interview questions that are being asked by your targeted company whether it be Google, Microsoft, Amazon, or any other.
The questions provided in the contest series will be based on the latest interview experiences posted on GeeksforGeeks by members of our Geek Family. Also, all the problems will be function problems – you’re only required to complete the given function rather than writing the entire code. In addition, you will have the access to hints and time complexities – though just like the real interview, asking for hints may have a negative impact on your overall score.
Contest Details and Timeline
Let us tell you that each contest will target a specific tech company and will focus on the coding rounds that are part of its hiring process. You will be asked to solve 2-3 DSA related questions in the given time frame and based on the accuracy of your submission you will get the scores.
The contest series has already been started and each contest will be released every alternate Sunday from 07:00 PM to 08:00 PM – from May 02, 2021, Onwards.
The schedule for the upcoming few contests of the series is as follows:
- Google – May 02, 2021
- Flipkart – May 16, 2021
- Microsoft – May 30, 2021
- Amazon – June 13, 2021
- Adobe – June 27, 2021
- The list of the contests in this series doesn’t end here….we’ll strive to bring you the coding contests for almost every renowned tech company to prepare you the best for your next coding interview!!
You can also keep track of all upcoming and past contests from here. Moreover, the editorials to each contest will be posted on GeeksforGeeks Practice YouTube Channel on the next day of the contest.
1. There will be a 5% penalty for each wrong submission. For example, if a problem is of 100 marks and a participant makes a wrong submission, his marks will get reduced to 95. After the next wrong submission of the same problem, his marks are further reduced to 90.25 and so on. Therefore, you’re recommended to use ‘Compile & Test’ against sample test cases before each submission.
2. Please refrain from discussing strategy during the contest. All submissions are run through a plagiarism detector. Any case of code plagiarism will reduce the score of the concerned participants to 0.
3. It is advised to attempt the Sample Geeks Challenge to get familiar with the GeeksforGeeks coding environment.
This Contest Series will surely help you to prepare well for your next Coding Interview Round by allowing you to practice with real-time interview programming questions. Also, we’re planning to cover questions from all the tech giants whether it be FAANG companies or any renowned tech startup in this series. So, don’t miss out on such a remarkable opportunity and participate in this Contest Series wholeheartedly!!