Installation: It can be used directly using the CDN link or can be installed using npm or yarn.
Method 1: We can directly use the Lodash file in the browser. Go to the official documentation and copy the lodash.min.js file CDN link and paste this link inside the head section.
true false true
Method 2: We can install it by using npm. Make sure that you have installed Node.js and npm.
npm install lodash
If you are using yarn then you can use the following command:
yarn install lodash
Now in order to use Lodash, you need to require the code file.
const _ = require("lodash");
Now let’s understand how to use Lodash with the help of the code example.
Example: In this example, we will find whether the given value parameter is a number or not using one of the inbuilt methods in the lodash _.isNumber() method.
Step to run the program: Save the above file with index.js and open the terminal and type the following command in order to compile and run the program.
true false true
Advantages of Lodash:
- It provides us with various inbuilt functions for collections, arrays, to manipulate objects and other utilities methods which we can use directly instead of writing them from scratch.
- It keeps our code more short and clean that makes it easier to understand and modify later.
- We have to remember Lodash functions and that makes out the task of coding much simpler.
- It is easier to start and learn for tech newbies.
- Instead of writing repetitive functions, tasks can be accomplished with a single line of code.
Disadvantages of Lodash:
Please Login to comment...