EPSILON property shows the difference between 1 and the smallest floating point number which is greater than 1. When we calculate the value of EPSILON property we found it as 2 to the power -52 (2^-52) which gives us a value of 2.2204460492503130808472633361816E-16.
- It is a non-writable property which means this property is not writable.
- It is a non-enumerable property which means this property is not countable.
- It is a non-configurable property which means this property is not configurable.
Note: Number.EPSILON can be used to test the equality of the floating-point numbers.
Uses: This Number.EPSILON property is used to check whether floating-point numbers are equal or not.
In this EPSILON is accessed by calling the Number as a class name.
2.2204460492503130808472633361816E-16 false true
- Google Chrome 34 and above
- Edge 12 and above
- Firefox 25 and above
- Opera 21 and above
- Safari 9 and above
- Internet Explorer not supported
Please Login to comment...