Java Swing | JSpinner
JSpinner is a part of javax.swing package. JSpinner contains a single line of input which might be a number or a object from an ordered sequence. The user can manually type in a legal data into the text field of the spinner. The spinner is sometimes preferred because they do not need a drop down list. Spinners contain an upward and a downward arrow to show the previous and the next element when it is pressed.
Constructors of JSpinner are:
- JSpinner(): Creates an empty spinner with an initial value set to zero and no constraints.
- JSpinner( SpinnerModel model): Creates a spinner with a specified spinner model passed as an argument.
Commonly used methods are :
- SpinnerListModel(List l): creates a spinner model with elements of list l. This spinner model can be used to set as a model for spinner.
- SpinnerNumberModel(int value, int max, int min, int step): returns a spinner model whose initial value is set to value, with minimum and maximum value, and a definite step value.
- setValue(Object v): sets the value of the spinner to the object passed as argument.
- getValue(): returns the current value of the spinner.
- getPreviousValue(): returns the previous value of the spinner.
- getNextValue(): returns the next value of the spinner.
1. Program to create a simple JSpinner
2. Program to create a JSpinner and add ChangeListener to it; Program to select your date of birth using JSpinner.
Note: This program will not run in an online compiler please use an Offline IDE.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...