Java program to merge two files into a third file
Prerequisite : PrintWriter , BufferedReader
Let the given two files be file1.txt and file2.txt. Our Task is to merge both files into third file say file3.txt. The following are steps to merge.
- Create PrintWriter object for file3.txt
- Open BufferedReader for file1.txt
- Run a loop to copy each line of file1.txt to file3.txt
- Open BufferedReader for file2.txt
- Run a loop to copy each line of file2.txt to file3.txt
- Flush PrintWriter stream and close resources.
To successfully run the below program file1.txt and file2.txt must exits in same folder OR provide full path for them.
Merged file1.txt and file2.txt into file3.txt
Note : If file3.txt exist in cwd(current working directory) then it will be overwritten by above program otherwise new file will be created.
Related Article :
- C Program to merge contents of two files into a third file
- Java program to merge two files alternatively into third file
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Please Login to comment...