Ivanti Interview Experience | On-Campus
Ivanti Visited our campus (VIT) in the month of August 2021 for the role of Software Developer. Around 1100 Students appeared in the Online Assessment Exam
The first round was held on the Hackerank platform. It consisted of 3 coding questions and the time duration was 1 hour. The question was:-
- https://www.allhackerranksolutions.me/2021/04/maximum-similarity-hackerearth-solutions.html?m=1. The question was slight variation of this problem.
- Question-based on Stack similar to Balanced Parenthesis Question
Tips: TIme played a very crucial factor. I solved all three questions in under 30 minutes.70 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2:Technical Interview
- The round started with the interviewer asking me to Introduce myself then we had a brief discussion about my projects.
- He asked me some DSA question the question were:-
We had to share our screen and write the code in our compiler and pass the Test Cases given by the interviewer
- Some questions on Networking like OSI Layers, TCP UDP difference, HTTP HTTPS difference, Protocols used in HTTPS.
- Questions on Software Development Life Cycle.
The Interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
Round 3:Technical Interview
- The interviewer started by asking me about my previous rounds.
- This round was a very long round and lasted about 1.5 hours long. All the core subjects were asked except DBMS.
- Memory Layout of C++ was asked in-depth
- Operating System Questions were revolving around Thrashing, virtual Memory, Paging.
- Networking Question Consisted of IP Adress vs Mac Adress, Can we connect two devices without knowing their IP address
DSA questions were
- Implement Binary Search Tree from Scratch and perform various operations on it.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-string-substring-another/(O(n) solution was expected)
In the end, he asked me if I wanted to ask something. I asked 2 questions and we had a good discussion on the technology stack used in ivanti.
Round 4: Technical + HR
This round lasted for 30 minutes first 15 minutes were technical and the last 15 were HR
Technical Questions were all-around operating Systems like the structure of PCB, process program differences. We had a deep discussion on Segmentation Fault.
The last Technical Question he asked was: Given a Linked list code having 10000 lines and a segmentation fault occurs what is the best way to debug it.
Basic Hr questions were asked like :
- where do you see yourself in 5 years
- How can you contribute to Ivanti?
- How do you tackle Pressure Situations?
Around 8 students got the internship offer luckily I was one of them.