Inkscape vs Coreldraw
On any platform, the first goal of the host is to grab the audience’s attention and this task can be effectively done through artwork or stunning images. Images are a great way to keep your customer engaged by giving some information or animation. Hence spectacular images are used in digital platforms and also for general purposes like creating advertisement banners etc. Images are created in different software like Inkscape, CorelDraw, etc. So let’s compare CorelDraw and Inkscape.
What is Inkscape?
Inkscape is a GPL-licensed vector image editor. It is open-source software that can be used on different operating systems like FreeBSD, Linux, Mac, Windows, etc. It was created using Python and C++ languages and hence allows developers to run python scripts for custom functionalities. Launched in 2003, it became popular due to its rich features and simple interface.
Advantages of Inkscape
- Its tools are handy and can be easily learned by beginners.
- Images are created using anchor points which are easy to manipulate.
- Images compatible with different software can be created with high quality.
- It can easily convert the images to line art using the auto-tracing feature.
Limitations of Inkscape
- It does allow users to export files in certain formats like PNG.
- Encapsulated PostScript files cannot be edited in Inkscape.
What is CorelDraw?
CorelDraw is an advanced image creation and manipulation software that was launched in 1989. It contains all the tools like the Curve tool, pen tool, and artistic media tools for creating digital drawings and vector images. It is available for Windows as well as for Mac operating systems. Logos, Banners, Posters, etc. can be easily created in it.
Advantages of CorelDraw
- It has a simple and easy-to-use interface that is beginner-friendly.
- It supports different image formats like PNG, EPS, JPEG, etc.
- It provides good performance with minimum downtime.
- It offers a wide range of brushes for fine detailing artwork.
Disadvantages of CorelDraw
- It cannot be used for 3d artwork.
- The final output file is quite large.
Following is a table of differences between Inkscape and CorelDraw:
|Definition||It is a computer application that is used to create vector images for different purposes like presentations, hoarding, banners, etc.||Coreldraw can be defined as computer software for creating, editing, manipulating, and exporting digital images.|
|Founder(s)||It was founded by 4 members which are Bryce Harrington, Ted Gould, Nathan Hurst, and MenTaLguY.||It was founded by Michel Bouillon and Pat Beirne.|
|Advance Editing||It supports advanced image editing known as vertex edge editing.||Editing features are simple.|
|Official website||Its official website can be found using the following URL https://inkscape.org/||Its official website is available at this URL https://www.coreldraw.com/en/|
|Software Type||It is open-source software.||It is proprietary software.|
|Operating Systems||It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems along with Android and iOS platforms.||It supports Windows and Mac operating systems only.|
|Color format||It supports RGB color format only.||It supports both RGB and CMYK color formats.|
|Pricing||It is free software.||It is a paid software available at $22.42 per month.|
On detailed comparison, it can be found that Inkscape is the best choice for individuals, freelancers, small and mid-sized organizations, etc. due to its free and open-source nature along with a simple interface. On the other hand, CorelDraw is a paid software that is good for industry-specific designing work.