Infosys Interview Experience for Power Programmer
Round 1: Online Test
It was a pure coding round with 3 questions:
- Related to finding maximum XOR subset
- Sliding Window Algorithm problem
- I don’t remember the third one. Other students also got questions on concepts like DP, bitwise operators, trees, greedy algorithms, etc.
I solved the 2 questions mentioned above completely and got shortlisted for the power programmer interview.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Coding question related to “number of islands” problem. The interviewer gave me 10-15 mins for writing the code but telling just the approach of solving the question was also sufficient.
- Why do we need normalization in DBMS? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
- What is virtual memory?
- Explain block size and paging in the operating system.
- Difference between TCP/IP model and OSI model in computer networks.
- Difference between TCP and UDP protocol and also which is the better one.
- Explain method overloading and method overriding in detail with examples.
- Since I mentioned that I code in Python so he asked the difference between list and tuple in Python along with their time complexities.
- Brief discussion of projects and internships that I mentioned.
The interview was of 1 hour 15 mins. No HR round was conducted.