Infosys Interview Experience for DSE 2023
I participated in the InfyTQ certification exam conducted by Infosys for the 2023 batch. The Certification round consisted of 10 MCQs of Python (I had selected Python, Java is available too), 10 MCQs of DBMS, and 2 hands-on coding problems of Easy-Medium level. I was able to solve all MCQs along with 1 coding problem with 100% test cases and another with 52% test cases passed. I had passed the round and received an invitation for Advantage Round.
The Advantage Round consisted of 3 coding questions out of which I was able to solve 1 problem with 100% test cases passed. I received a Pre-Placement Interview (PPI) from Infosys for the role of Digital Specialist Engineer. My interview was originally scheduled for 27th May 2022, however, due to a clash with my exam, it was rescheduled to 14th June 2022.
The Interview: The interview started with a greeting and ID verification. The entire interview was divided into 2 parts, Technical Interview, and an HR interview. Following were the questions asked me.
- Technical Round:
- Introduce yourself including your specialization, CGPA, internships, and projects.
- Project-based questions, my projects were based on Machine Learning.
- Which ML algorithm did you use in your project?
- How do you measure the accuracy of your model?
- What are supervised and unsupervised learning?
- How do you check if a column/parameter in the dataset is important or not?
- Which column do you consider as “Label”?
- How did you deal with missing data in the dataset?
- Which programming are you comfortable with? Do you know the OOPs concept concerning that language?
- I was asked to share a screen and open Notepad. I had to implement the following using either Multiple or Multi-level inheritance. Given a string containing any characters (alphabets, numbers, symbols etc.)
- print all vowels and their count
- print order of numbers, reverse the number, and sum of those numbers
- Given an Employee table containing Employee ID, Name, and Department, write SQL query to display the number of employees in each department.
- I was asked if I am familiar with the tree data structure.
- Name different ways to traverse a tree.
- Given a tree (the tree was given in the chat box) write pre-order, in-order, post-order, and level order traversal of the tree.
- HR Round:
- Are you holding any offers from any other company presently?
- What are your plans regarding the Campus Placement of your college?
- Do you plan to pursue higher studies/Masters in at least the next 3 years?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
- Are you comfortable in relocating, in case the need arises?
- Are you okay with different timings if you are placed in a project based in other countries?
- Do you have any questions for me?
The interview lasted for around 45 minutes and I am looking forward to the results.
Please Login to comment...