Infosys Interview Experience 2021 (Virtual)
Infosys organized the On-Campus drive: The slot booking for the placement test started on September 15, 2020, there were 3 days for the test and I chose October 1, 2020. The written test was of 100 marks and sections are mentioned below:
- Reasoning Ability: 15 Questions and 25 minutes time (Reasoning Ability questions were of easy to medium level. More focus was on Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, and Blood Relations).
- Mathematical Ability: 10 Questions and 35 minutes time (Questions were of medium to hard level, to solve these questions, basic concepts must be cleared along with certain tricks to save time).
- Verbal Ability: 20 Questions and 20 minutes time (Questions were maximum easy, practice more of Comprehension type questions and Questions like – Find the error in the given sentence, Synonyms, Antonyms, and basic Grammar – you can do best in it with minimum effort).
- Pseudocode: 5 Questions and 10 minutes time (Questions based on debugging and finding output – Medium level Questions. If you have a basic understanding of programming, you can tackle these questions).
- Puzzle Solving: 4 Questions and 10 minutes time (Only your spontaneous thinking can work here, if you love to solve puzzles, you can tackle this section effectively).
It is necessary to clear sectional cutoff for each of these sections to clear the written round. It was a bit tough because Infosys changed its pattern this time. Out of 400, only 107 cleared the written round.
The interview was conducted in two Phases. My interview was on 20 January 2021. It went for 35 minutes. There was only one interviewer. Questions asked are mentioned below:
- Give a brief introduction including your family background (It is a general question, please prepare it beforehand).
- I mentioned my Final Year Project (Questions were like – Why you used the particular platform and framework, some details about the project).
- Asked about Agile framework (It is a sprint process of Software Development).
- What are Normalization and Denormalization?
- What are the functions of DELETE, TRUNCATE and DROP commands? Also, some of their properties (It is part of DBMS).
- Programming Language of my interest for general programming and for Object-oriented programming (I told C and C++ respectively).
- Can we make custom header files in C? (Yes, we can develop function prototypes with all requirements and include them as header files using “#include”).
- Why Java is platform-independent language?
- Features of OOPs.
- Which Inheritance is not supported in Java and why?
- Given a professional situation and asked my response on it.
- Long term goals. (It is also one of the general questions asked in an interview, prepare it beforehand and it must be your own).
Fortunately, I was able to give answers to all the questions. But, if you don’t know the answer to any question, don’t try to manipulate. Politely say “Sir/Mam, I don’t know” or ” I am unable to recall the concept at this time”. It will put a positive impression on the interviewer.
Out of 47 students from List 2, about 27 students got selected, and I was one of them. I got the list from TPO on 4 February 2021.
Important: Never write everything in your Resume, mention your major skills, achievements, and work. The resume should not be heavy and of about 2-3 pages. Sometimes Interviewer may ask about something you have not mentioned in your resume, then you can tell the interviewer about your other achievements and work. Before the interview, must go through your resume thoroughly about 3-4 times so that you feel confident in the interview. It is better to prepare your resume by yourself (Don’t use any automatic resume making platform). Put a gentle smile on your face during the interview.
That’s my amazing interview experience.
Please Login to comment...