InfoEdge Interview Experience for Testing (On-Campus)
Info Edge conducted a recruitment drive in my college for the role of Testing Engineer (or SDET). The drive is divided into 4 rounds. I am discussing briefly all the rounds.
Round-1(Online Test): The first round was the online assessment conducted on their platform FirstNaukri. The assessment consists of multiple choice-based questions and one coding question. The MCQs were on code input/output, DBMS, Aptitude(quant, logical reasoning, etc.), and coding questions on printing the Fibonacci series up to n(input given by the user). The coding language choice was only Java. So I coded in Java. s7 performed well in the first round and proceeded to the next round.
Round-2(Technical Interview-1): The second round was a technical round in which test cases, two coding questions, DBMS, and questions based on puzzles were asked.
The questions are as follows:
- Test cases: for buying a pen, submit an online form.
- 2 Sum problem: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-an-array-a-and-a-number-x-check-for-pair-in-a-with-sum-as-x/
- Print the first non-recurring character in a string: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-a-string-find-its-first-non-repeating-character/
- A SQL join query in DBMS to get the desired output.
- Puzzles: A spider does work done in building a web, and every day it does work done double than its previous day. Calculate the work done on the 13th day.
The technical round lasted for 1 hr. 10 min, it was scheduled on the next day after the round-1 and got shortlisted for the next round.
Round-3(Technical Interview-2): The third round was also a technical round in which questions on my projects and some puzzles were asked.
- 2 moms and 2 daughters go to a shop and buy a pair of sandals each. But when they came outside the pair were only 3 how?
- How will you cut the cake in equal pieces with only 3 cuts to divide the cake into your 8 friends?
- You have a bucket of water that can hold the quantity of water for 5 liters and 3 liters. How will you measure the quantity for 4 liters using the two buckets? Given that you can pour the water or can transfer it from one bucket to another.
The questions on the project were:
- Online working of the project.
- How did you make the project?
- Was it an individual or a group project?
- What are the technologies used in the project?
The round lasted for around 30 mins, was conducted on the same day of round-2, and proceeded for the next round.
Round-4(HR): This is the last round, i.e. the HR round in which common questions are asked some of which are as follows:
- Family background.
- Will go for higher studies?
- How do your friends define you?
The last round lasted for 15 mins, conducted on the same day. On the same day, I got the response from the company that I have been selected!
- Stay calm during the interview
- Ask questions from the interviewer if you have doubts or the question isn’t clear.
- Focus on Logical thinking, increase analytical reasoning.