Increff Interview Experience for DevOps (On-Campus) July 2022
Round 1 (Aptitude): We were given 50 questions in 20 minutes which is obviously impossible but, they weren’t expecting anyone to attempt all anyways.
Round 2 (Offline – Coding + CS fundamentals):
- We were given 2 coding questions (basic dp and tree).
- There were about 10 CS and DSA questions and the total time was 1.5 hrs.
Verdict: Cleared with the highest score.
Round 3 (Offline Technical interview):
- I was given this question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/lexicographically-next-permutation-in-cpp/ and it took me 10 mins to write this code.
- The next question was: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/search-in-row-wise-and-column-wise-sorted-matrix/ and I was able to solve it too.
- The interviewer was extremely nice and patient.
- He further asked me questions regarding Networking fundamentals.
- I was asked to write queries in SQL of joins.
Round – 4 (Online – Technical Interview):
- He simply asked me questions about networking, SQL, and databases.
- I was given a CVS file and he asked me to read it and write a code: the code wasn’t difficult and required only simple calculations but the main issue was using the file properly which I had never done. It took me quite a while to come to the solution and the interviewer was patient.
Verdict: Not cleared.
7 students were selected from college for SDE profile and none for DevOps.
- I didn’t know that we had to focus more on CS fundamentals and not just DSA for the DevOps profile, so brush up on those.
- I realized that the DevOps profile isn’t really meant for people who really love coding if you do, go for the SDE profile.
- Simple DSA questions are asked for interviews if you are going for this profile.