Increff Interview Expereince for SDE-Backend (On-Campus)
Increff visited our campus for hiring SDE-1(backend) in the month of July. The branch eligible for the role was CSE and ECE.
There were 4 rounds
- Aptitude Test
- Coding Round
- Technical Interview
- Technical + Managerial Round
Aptitude Test: In the aptitude round, we have to solve 50 problems in 12 minutes. Questions were related to Aptitude, logical reasoning, and some basic maths. The overall difficulty of this round was easy.
Coding Round: In the Coding round, we have to solve 25 MCQs and 2 Coding Problems. MCQs were related to core subjects OS, DBMS, Networks, and output guessing of Given Code for Languages JAVA and C++.
2 coding Problems:
- Given an array of non-negative numbers. We have to return another array such that ith element of the resultant array if mex of given array till ith index. Where mex is the first missing positive integer.
e.g arr=[1,6,5,0,3,2] res = [0,0,0,2,2,4]
- The question was related to stack and maths I don’t remember the exact Question.
15 students were shortlisted for the Technical round.
Technical Round: In the technical round interviewer first introduced himself and asked me to introduce myself. Then he jumped to coding Questions. there were 3 coding Questions. This round was around 1 hr.
- You are given 2 arrays you have to choose 1 element from each array and find the absolute difference between them. You have to find pair with the minimum absolute difference and return their absolute difference.
e.g arr1 = [2,7,8,5] , arr2 = [11,9,-4,12] res = 1 i.e (abs(9-8))
- You are given a binary tree with a given root and a leaf node. Covid start spreading from a given leaf node and reach its parents and child in 1 unit of time and they further spread covid in a similar manner.
You have to tell the minimum time in which covid will reach all nodes in a given tree. This was a standard BFS traversal problem.
- Count subtrees having the sum of its node equal to the given value x. I was able to solve all problems in the given time.
4 students were shortlisted for the next round
Technical + Managerial Round: In the last round, the interviewer asked me about my college, my hobbies, and my favorite subjects of computer science. Then he asked if I have done any project on Object Oriented programming. He asked me to explain my project and write code for the same.
He asked me Questions related to Polymorphism, Inheritance, Abstract classes, and Acess identifiers.
Then he asked me about the project mentioned in my resume. He asked me to show its live version and various problems I faced during the development of that project.
Then he asked if I have any questions ask.