IBM Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round 1: It was an elimination round in which we played 5 brainstorming games. You complete one game and will be prompted to another. Out of 800, only 119 got selected for the next round.
Round 2: It was a coding round consisted two questions. One was pattern question and another was SQL. The platform they use was hacker-rank so make sure you’re familiar with it.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
I don’t remember how many got selected from this round.
Round 3: It was again coding round consisted four questions. Two were pattern problems of hard level. And two questions were of SQL.
This round was proctored. And only 9 students were selected for interview round.
Round 4: It was Technical + HR round. There were two panelists asking questions one-by-one.
- They first introduce themselves then asked me to introduce myself.
- HR asked some scenarios based questions like “suppose you’re in a team and one team member is not completing his/her work what will you do as a team member?”, “You’re assigned in a project you know nothing about, what will you do?“, etc such questions. He asked me around 4 such questions.
- Then both panelists asked me about my projects. I repeat the same both the time.
- Resume-based questions and about my current project.
- What difficulties I encountered in my previous round.
- At last, I asked them one question.
After 4 days they announced the results. The whole procedure took one week.
- Practice coding questions and make sure you’re familiar with the coding platform companies are using.
- Be confident(everyone will advice you the same and believe me they aren’t lying).
- My interviewers were friendly. I also made them laugh at my one answer.
- Make sure you answer every question even you know a little about it just say it, don’t be mute.
- Read about company before the interview so that you can brag about it there.
- Don’t be nervous. Keep a smile on your face the whole time even if you’re going through trauma!
- That’s it. Don’t worry things will fall in place soon.