HTML 5 <summary> Tag
The <summary> tag in HTML is used to define a summary for the <details> element.
- The <summary> element is used along with the <details> element and provides a summary visible to the user.
- When the summary is clicked by the user, the content placed inside the <details> element becomes visible which was previously hidden.
- The <summary> tag was added in HTML 5.
- The <summary> tag requires both starting and ending tag.
Note: The <summary> element should be the first child element of the <details> element.
<summary> Content </summary>
Below program illustrates the <summary> element:
- Google Chrome 12.0 and above
- Edge 79 and above
- Firefox 49.0 and above
- Opera 15.0 and above
- Safari 8.0 and above
- Internet Explorer not supported