HSBC Interview Experience for SDE-2(Java Dev) exp. 4 yrs
I recently appeared for HSBC Interview for the Profile of Senior Software Engineer.
Technology Stack: J2EE, Spring Boot, Java 8, Microservices, and Angular Js.
Interview Round in detail:
- Online Rounds 1 and 2
- Technical Discussion Round
- Managerial Round
- HR Round
Online Round 1 and 2: There were 7 questions on the hacker rank platform 5 Mcqs related to Java Full Stack and 2 coding questions.
2nd Online Round: Behavioral and Situational Judgement Test (In this round total of 25 Mcqs and video round for Situational-based questions )After this Online Round after the next 2 days, the results were announced, and they sent me an Invite for Technical Discussion.
Technical Round: This is critical as they have asked in-depth about all Java aspects. The questions were from the below topics oral as well as code-sharing rounds where you need to code for functionalities of APIs.
Topics they have asked in a technical discussion.
- Java8 (generics, Lambda, Functional Interface, Concurrency, streams (Optionals, Predicate, Bi-Predicate), SOLID Design Principles, Serial Stream, Lazy stream)
- Rest API: Rest must be strong
- No SQL OR SQL
- Messaging Broker: Kafka, rabbit, database, or any other
- Rest Principles. Open API Spec, Haters, Fine Grain Vs Coarse Grain APIs in business
- Design Patterns
- Multithreading:- Fork & Joins, Sync, Executor Framework, Blocking Q, latch, Barrier, Thread Local
- Multithreading – synchronization, context switching, use of wait/notify, Concurrent package, Executors
Topics they have asked in a Managerial discussion.
- Agile Methodology
- Reverse a Linked List
- There were two options to choose from on basis of criticality and event functionality and to make sprint more easily deliverable. Which option you will choose and why?
- Collections (Linked HashSet, HashMap, TreeMap, etc)
HR Discussion: Normal as always why, how, and Salary discussion.
Please Login to comment...