How to read multiple Excel files in R
In this article, we will discuss how to merge multiple Excel files in the R programming language.
- dplyr: The dplyr package in R is a structure of data manipulation that provides a uniform set of verbs, helping to resolve the most frequent data manipulation hurdles.
- plyr: The “plyr” package in R is used to work with data, including its enhancements and manipulations.
- readxl: This package is used to work with excel files in R
- readr: This package is used to read files in R
- list.files() function produces a character vector of the names of files or directories in the named directory.
Syntax: list.files(path = “.”, pattern = NULL, all.files = FALSE,full.names = FALSE, recursive = FALSE, ignore.case = FALSE, include.dirs = FALSE, no.. = FALSE)
- lapply() function returns a list of the same length as X, each element of which is the result of applying FUN to the corresponding element of X.
Syntax: lapply(X, FUN, …)
- bind_rows() function is an efficient implementation of the common pattern of do.call(rbind, dfs) or do.call(cbind, dfs) for binding many data frames into one.
Syntax: bind_rows(…, .id = NULL)
Files in use:
Example: Merging Excel using R
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...