Infosys Certification Exam | Registration Process and Exam Pattern
In today’s high competition era, it is always required to have something extra to beat the competition. And in the same context, Infosys came up with the Infosys InfyTQ certification Exam (or generally termed as InfyTQ). Now, you must be curious to know what is InfyTQ Exam? InfyTQ is a certification examination that examines your industry readiness by analyzing your knowledge in programming and databases. The best part about InfyTQ is that upon clearing the examination, you get an opportunity to be interviewed directly for a job at Infosys. Maybe you’ve got an idea that how valuable InfyTQ is!
Now, the first question that arises while discussing InfyTQ is who can apply for the exam? Although there are not so many prerequisites required for the exam, still there are some basic criteria that you must satisfy if you’re looking for attempting the exam. These are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to be registered for the Infosys Certification. You can register yourself from the official website i.e., infytq.infosys.com
- Also, you must be a student of B.E., B. Tech, M.E., M. Tech, M.Sc., MCM, or MCA completing your degree course in the upcoming next year. For example, if you are applying to InfyTQ 2020, you must be graduating in 2021.
- However, neither there is required a minimum percentage nor there is any age restriction to register for Infosys Certification. (Just make sure that your graduating year is as per the requirements.)
- After qualifying the Qualifier Round and scoring 65% or above in the Final Round, you will get Infosys Certification and will be eligible for the interview at Infosys.
After knowing about the InfyTQ Exam and the eligibility criteria, the next thing you are looking for surely be the Exam Pattern & Process. Right? Okay, let’s discuss it here. The very first step is to register yourself for the InfyTQ Exam. (registration is free of cost). You can book a slot only after registering for Infosys Certification. Also, you will get an email with all the details required for the examination.
Now, let’s come to the exam pattern. From this year, Infosys has made some changes in the InfyTQ Exam Process. Unlike the previous year, a Qualifier Round (or you can say it as a screening test) has been introduced for this year. After passing Qualifier Round, you will be allowed to take Final Round. Further then, you will become eligible for a job interview at Infosys (after qualifying final round). Let’s take a brief overlook at both rounds.
1. Qualifier Round
Infosys introduced the ‘Qualifier Round’ as the screening test for the InfyTQ Final Round. It is mandatory to attempt the Qualifier Round as without qualifying it you will not be able to attempt the final round. You can select a date and time slot for taking the examination as per your suitability at the time of registration for the Qualifier Round. You can attempt the exam from anywhere and from any system provided it has a web camera as the online examination will be web-camera proctored. The Qualifier Round of Infosys Certification consists of 40 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. For each correct answer, you will be provided 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
The Qualifier Round of Infosys Certification is divided into 3 sections:
- Java/ Python: 20 questions (You can select between Java and Python at the time of booking a slot for the Qualifier Round.)
- DBMS: 10 questions
- Aptitude: 10 questions
To make it more convenient, the Qualifier Round is spread across four days as –
- Day 1 – Slot 1 at 11 AM
- Day 2 – Slot 1 at 11 AM | Slot 2 at 5 PM
- Day 3 – Slot 1 at 11 AM | Slot 2 at 2 PM | Slot 3 at 5 PM
- Day 4- Slot 1 at 11 AM | Slot 2 at 5 PM
2. Final Round
Those who will qualify the ‘Qualifier Round’ will be able to attempt the ‘Final Round’. The objective behind the Final Round of Infosys Certification is to further test your in-depth knowledge of Programming and Database Management. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Final Round of Infosys Certification will be conducted online and will be Web-proctored. All eligible candidates will receive an email invitation along with the date and the time for the Final Round examination. The Final Round consists of objective and hands-on questions that are needed to be answered within 3 hours. You have to score 65% or above in the Final Round to be eligible for a job interview at Infosys which is also conducted at the exam center. One thing to remember here is that you can select between Java and Python for the Qualifier Round as well as for the Final Round when you are booking a slot. There are no slots for the Final Round it is usually conducted within a month after the Qualifier Round, the details of which are shared via E-mail.
The Final Round of Infosys Certification is divided into 2 sections:
- 20 Objective Type Questions based on Java/ Python Programming, Data Structures & Algorithms, DBMS & SQL, and OOPs Concepts
- 2 Coding Questions using Java/Python
And yes, there is no negative marking in the final round.
Now, as mentioned above, the exam pattern of the InfyTQ Exam covers various topics and you need to have a solid Preparation Strategy to make it possible! You have to make your basic concepts very clear as generally questions are related to fundamentals. Also, while preparing for the exam, practice more and more problems and try to solve these problems within a particular time limit. You can prefer to study from Infosys InfyTQ under the Learning section in the Foundation Courses category. Some of the major topics regarding the InfyTQ Exam are listed below:
Data Structures & Algorithms:
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Searching & Sorting
- Greedy Algorithms | Divide and Conquer | Dynamic Programming
- Stack | Queue
- Binary Tree | Binary Search Tree | Graphs
DBMS & SQL:
- Introduction to DBMS
- SQL Basics
- DDL | DML Statements
- SQL Functions
- Joins | Subquery | Transactions
- NoSQL Databases
So if you are looking for an Infosys Certified Software Programmer title, all you have to do is just check if you’re eligible, register yourself and go for the InfyTQ Exam (must be prepared well also!). And yes, remember one thing that the slots are generally closed three days before the date of the Qualifier Round Examination. So, what are you waiting for? Go for the InfyTQ and become an Infosys Certified Software Programmer!