How to Install mcrypt extension in xampp?
MCrypt replaces the old crypt() package and the crypt(1) command, with add-ons. MCrypt is a file encryption method. It uses secure techniques to exchange data. It enables users to encrypt files or data streams without the need for cryptography. It allows developers to use a wide range of encryption features, with no drastic changes to their code. It also gives a really neat code on your machine.
Features of mcrypt
Some important features of mcrypt are:
- Provides an algorithmic vulnerability.
- Compression before encryption provides efficiency, faster encryption, and safety of data.
- Error Recovery: The CFB mode used in MCrypt will retrieve deleted files from the file or stream in BCE, CBC, and OFB modes. MCrypt also utilizes a 32-bit CRC to verify errors in encrypted files.
- It ensures that no important data are written to disk.
- Install XAMPP.
- Verify if mcrypt is already installed or not.
Verifying mcrypt is installed or not
To verify the IMAP extension is installed or not you have to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Open XAMPP click on the Config button and open php.ini in your editor.
Step 2: Search for the following phrase in the php.ini file.
Step 3: If not found, you can follow the below steps to install mcrypt.
Installing and Enabling MCrypt extension in XAMPP
Step 1: Download the suitable version of mcrypt package for your system using the official website.
Step 2: A zip file will be downloaded. Now extract the zip file and then paste the ” php_mcrypt.dll ” file in the following directory.
Step 3: Open XAMPP, and click on the Config button then open php.ini in your editor.
Step 4: Paste the following phrase in the php.ini file like as shown in the picture.
Step 5: Now restart the XAMPP server to see the effects. You can also go to the PHPInfo(by clicking on admin in XAMPP) page to verify the installation.