How to draw Filled rectangle to every frame of video by using Python-OpenCV?
In this article, we will discuss how to draw a filled rectangle on every frame of video through OpenCV in Python.
- Import the required libraries into the working space.
- Read the video on which you have to write.
cap = cv2.VideoCapture(“path”)
- Create an output file using cv2.VideoWriter_fourcc() method. Here you will have options of video formats.
output = cv2.VideoWriter(“output.avi”, cv2.VideoWriter_fourcc(*’MPEG’), 30, (1080, 1920))
- Then edit the frames of the video by adding shapes to it (In our case it is a filled rectangle). We will use the cv2.rectangle() method. This method is used to draw a rectangle on any image.
cv2.rectangle(frame, (100, 100), (500, 500), (0, 255, 0), -1)
- Then write all the frames in the video file.
In this example, we add a green rectangle to the video.