How to Download and Install Syncthing on Windows?
Syncthing is a free, open-source, peer-to-peer file synchronization application. It can be used to synchronize files between different devices, such as computers, smartphones, and tablets. Syncthing uses the BitTorrent protocol to synchronize files, which means that it does not rely on a centralized server to store and transmit files. Instead, it uses a decentralized network of devices that share files with one another directly. This allows for greater security and privacy, as well as the ability to synchronize files even when there is no internet connection.
Syncthing can be used to synchronize files between multiple devices running Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, Solaris, and mobile devices running Android or iOS. The application is very easy to set up and use and it can be run on any device capable of running Go or other languages that support it. It also has a web-based user interface that makes it easy to manage and configure the synchronization process.
Key Features of Syncthing
Here are some of the key features of Syncthing:
- Peer-to-peer file synchronization: Syncthing uses a decentralized network of devices to synchronize files, eliminating the need for a centralized server.
- Encryption: Syncthing uses end-to-end encryption to protect files during transmission.
- Platform-independent: Syncthing is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, Solaris, and mobile devices running Android or iOS.
- Easy to set up: Syncthing has a simple and user-friendly setup process, making it easy for anyone to use.
- Web-based user interface: Syncthing has a web-based user interface that can be accessed from any device connected to the network, making it easy to manage and configure the synchronization process.
System Requirements of Syncthing
- Processor: Syncthing requires a processor with at least one core. It should be able to run on most modern processors, including those found in smartphones and tablets.
- Memory (RAM): Syncthing requires at least 64MB of RAM to run. However, the amount of RAM needed will depend on the size of the files being synchronized and the number of devices connected to the network.
- Storage: Syncthing requires a small amount of storage to install and run. The exact amount will depend on the operating system and the version of Syncthing being used.
- Network: Syncthing uses the BitTorrent protocol to synchronize files, so it requires a stable and reliable network connection.
- Operating System: Syncthing is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, Solaris, and mobile devices running Android or iOS.
Installation Steps of Syncthing
Step 1: Download syncthing package from its official website and then execute the syncthing package.
Step 2: Then click on yes to provide user account control permission.
Step 3: Then select the destination location for syncthing application and click on next.
Step 4: Then select the start menu folder. To continue, syncthing click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, then click browse.
Step 5: Then select additional tasks which additional tasks should be performed for syncthing then click on next to continue.
Step 6: Now the setup is ready to begin installing SyncTrayzor (x64) on your computer then click on Install.
Step 7: Now please wait while setup installs SyncTrayzor (x64) on your computer.
Step 8: Now complete the SyncTrayzor Setup Wizard. Setup of syncthing has finished installing SyncTrayzor (x64) on your computer. The application may be launched by selecting the installed shortcuts. Now click on Finish to exit the Setup.
Step 9: When you launched Syncthing Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some of the features of the applications then click on Allow access to enable them.
Now Syncthing is installed on your system.
Please Login to comment...