How to Deploy React project on Firebase?
When developing any project we must host it somewhere so that the whole world can see our hard-work. Hosting websites can be hectic sometimes, but you don’t need to worry as we can now host our React project on Firebase within a minute or two with a very simple setup.
Steps to Deploy React project on Firebase:
Follow the below steps or specially needed to Setup a Firebase for your React Project.
- Step 1: First we shall set up our Firebase project, go to its official website, and create a project as shown below.
- Step 2: Then we will enable Firebase Hosting by going into the hosting section under Build dropdown.
Step 3: Then we will go through the hosting setup as described below.
Creating React Application:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app react_hosting
Step 2: Install Firebase Tools:
npm install -g firebase-tools
Step 1: First, we will initialize a firebase project in our React app by running the following command in the console in our root directory.
Now type y as we are ready to proceed.
- Step 2: Select Hosting from the options provided.
- Step 3: Select the Use an existing project option.
- Step 4: As the build folder of react apps is generated in the build folder by default, we will use the same as our public directory.
- Step 5: Type y as we want to configure our app as a single-page app.
The initialization is complete, now we just need to run a few commands and our application will be ready to go.
- Step 6: Now we will run the following command to build our react app.
npm run build
- Step 7: Now we just need to run the last command and our application will be deployed.
This will deploy our project and also provide us the hosting link which we can visit.
Output:We can verify that our website was successfully deployed by visiting the hosting link provided by firebase in the console as shown below:
Please Login to comment...