How to Become a Python Developer?
To keep up with the technological advancement, you’ve to stay updated with the latest trends it follows. All your morning-to-night scrolls done on an application is dependent on a programming language. Python has proved itself better in all its ways be it its versatility, simplicity, and flexibility.
Python is indeed a very demanding and easy language in which everyone wants to grow his/her career. It has also been the most used language with a percentage of 48.24% globally. Since developers are running the world, let’s move ahead and understand the role of a Python developer. Also, the question which every individual has “How to Become a Python Developer?”, is explained well in this article.
What is Python?
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language designed to work on a server to create web applications. It is the easiest language anyone can learn. With Python, you can integrate your systems more effectively. The latest version it follows is Python 3.10.5 which was released on June 28, 2022. It’s the first language every beginner wishes to learn. If you’re someone who is in school and wants to learn Python, we have something for you Python Programming for School – Self-Paced.
Who’s a Python Developer?
Python Developers are a part of a software team who works on building applications using the Python programming language. One who is skilled in designing, creating, and deploying computer applications using Python. One should have complete knowledge of frameworks and libraries. He/She also works collaboratively on data collection and data analytics to create meaningful solutions to provide valuable insights.
Skills Python Developer Must Have:
- Expertise in Core Python
- Debugging Skills
- Frameworks (Django, Flask, React, and Libraries)
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
Salary of a Python Developer
A Python Developer definitely gets a handsome salary in India or abroad. In India, a Python developer gets an approximate salary of 9.75 LPA. Abroad, Python Developers can expect a salary of $ 1,12,000.
Areas to Use Python?
Python is an extensive language that has no limits from either building an application or analyzing data to perform ethical hacking. It is the easiest language that everyone wishes to learn and tries to master. Areas in which Python can be used are extensive and are growing day by day like Web Development, Data Science, Data Analyst, Machine Learning, Game Development, Automation, and Ethical Hacking.
1. Web Development – Building an application takes front-end, back-end development, and APIs. Python is considered to work as a server that builds the back-end of a website. It has a wide collection of frameworks and libraries which helps in building the application easily and quickly. A web developer is one who works on designing, building, and testing the product. The responsibilities of a software developer are writing, designing, and building software and maintaining communication with teammates.
2. Data Science – Data Science is one of the most popular job roles in the IT field. Application of advanced analytics techniques to extract valuable information from the given set of data for business decision-making. Knowledge of statistics and programming is a must in data science. Data Scientists use Machine Learning algorithms to detect text, images, etc. to produce Artificial Intelligence systems. A data scientist is responsible for collecting data, performing operations on data, and presenting valuable information to the team. Want to know more!!! Read Data Science With Python Tutorial.
The debate of choosing R over Python for data science is never going to end, so let’s read out R Vs Python in Data Science to have a clear idea of which one to choose.
3. Data Analyst – Data Analysts make predictions based on a given set of data and prepare data-driven decisions. The process includes data collection, preparation, exploration, modeling, and report-making. Data Analyst and Python are two terms that are inseparable. Data can be handled using Python with some specific libraries and functions. You need to have skills like statistics and data visualization in order to be a data analyst. The responsibilities include understanding and preparing datasets, working on data normalization, model development, and evaluation.
We have Data Analysis with Python – Self-Paced course in case you want to read more.
4. Machine Learning – Machine Learning uses an algorithm to extract patterns. It is the future of the tech world. To process and transform data, python libraries play an important role, it has well-written codes so there’s no need to write code explicitly. A machine learning engineer is one who creates a program so that a machine to operate. Being a machine learning engineer, you’ll be held responsible for implementing data modeling for organizational solutions and being proficient in research and analytical insights. This course on Machine Learning with Python will definitely help you in building a career in Machine Learning using Python.
5. Game Development – Building a game application could be the best way to learn Python and you can also build an amazing and demanding career. The developers require basic tools using which amazing gaming apps can be built. As a game developer, you need to work on creating games and developing the front-end and back-end. Here, Python can be used to build games which is fun and also learning at the same time.
6. Automation Testing – To automate test cases, the best programming language which could be chosen is Python. It is a method in which automated frameworks and tools can be used. The best thing is Python standard library has excellent unit testing tools. Robot and Pytest are the best tools developers can use. Refer to Automated Software Testing with Python to know more.
7. Ethical Hacking – Hackers are someone who steals valuable information from a website and makes it into use. But there are some who are declared white-hat as well as black-hat hackers based on their work. If you perform hacking ethically, you’ll be called a white hat or else a black hat. If you’re someone who wants to work in an organization gathering sensitive information about a website, ethical hacking is the career. Ethical Hacking using Python gives you the way to gather sensitive information about a company/organization in a legal manner. Do Read Ethical Hacking with Python to know how to perform Ethical Hacking
DSA in Python
With Data Structures and Algorithms, you learn a way how to arrange data and reduce the time and space complexity. Before getting into this, you must have a basic idea of Programming with Python. Do check out Data Structures Using Python Programming – Self Paced
Frameworks & Libraries
Frameworks and Libraries are the backbones of Python. These are the ones that help in working under different domains and make the work easier. There are amazing frameworks and libraries which you can go through and build a wonderful career.
A framework is a pre-defined component that makes development easier. It is a set of tools developed using Python to build reliable software. It may also include a library. Libraries are predefined functions used to perform small operations when stuck in the development process.
Some Commonly Python Frameworks and Libraries Based on Categories –
Frameworks Based on Web Development:
Libraries Based on Data Science, Data Analyst & Machine Learning:
- SciKit Learn
Libraries Based on Automation Testing:
Libraries Based on Game Development:
Libraries Based on Ethical Hacking:
- Python Hash
Great Career Path in Python
Python is a language that is easy and quick to learn. The scope of a Python Developer is on an upward scale and will always be bright. It is the most flexible, scalable, and dynamic language that has maximum possibilities for better career growth.
If you’re a beginner and confused about which programming language to choose, go for Python. It has various career opportunities on which you will definitely love to work on.
Please Login to comment...