HashedIn Technologies Interview Experience
This interview experience is for the “Software Engineer” profile in HashedIn Technologies Private Limited as a fresher.This was a pool campus drive.Total 450 students seated from 3 colleges for first written round.
This was written round which consisted of subjective questions and 3 coding problems.
Section A: It was having 2 Output based questions, 2 questions on Data Structures, 2 on OS and 2 on DBMS.
Topics included DBMS Query related to joins. Questions related to Time Complexity, Real life implementation of Data Structure to be used for given problems, scheduling based questions etc..
Section B: The 3 coding problems were:
- Given 2 strings str and word, you have to find how many words you can make from that given string.
Input : str=”This is a test string” word=”tsit”
Output : 2
Explanation : There are 4 t’s 4 s’s 3 i’s in the given str, by which you can only make 2 “tsit”.
Input: str=”Here is HashedIn Technologies” word=”neurons”
Output : 0
Explanation: Since you do not have ‘u’ in str so can’t form the word “neurons”.
2. Given a 2D matrix of 0s and 1s, you have to find the number of potholes in that. Potholes are defined as all neighbouring 1s(including diagonals).
Input : 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 Output : 5 Explanation: Follow the bold 1s, there are 5 such potholes. 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1
3. Based on Topological Sort.
Space and Time Complexities of all problems were to be written.
This round took the longest time for results.
Around 34 students were selected from the 1st round.This was a written coding round.We had 2 questions and 30 minutes to solve them.
- If given a keypad old NOKIA cell phone and we are given a string of integers and “*” only. We had to find the message typed.
Input : 2222*444*5 Output: “AIJ” Input : 222*2*8 Output: “CAT”
2. We were given a Binary Tree, we have to find a path such that the sum of elements of the nodes in a path results in a given number x.
Around 23 students were selected from the 2nd round.This was the first Technical Interview.
- It started with my introduction where they came to know that I have done my project in Django and so asked me questions from it.The questions mainly revolved around what will be the relation between tables and table change on introduction of a new feature.Some Django related questions.
- Then they asked me URL shortening Problem:
- Given a URL you need to devise an algorithm to shorten a URL, which continued with explanation of hashing.
- They asked me about Operating System Questions:
- Related to scheduling specifically Shortest Job First
- Then asked about Object Oriented Programming:
- Abstraction and Encapsulation
This was the second Technical Interview.
Here I was asked questions related to database tables like how the tables are connected, what can be a primary key, foreign key in particular table, etc..They basically took my project and revolved questions around it like what’s the relation between tables, if One To Many then how,etc..Then they asked me about OS questions like waiting time, burst time etc..
This was the third Technical Interview with an HR Interview.
They asked me to draw the class diagram and design schema for Stack Overflow Storage Tables with all attributes in the tables and asked for relations between database tables.
They asked for Wynk design schema too from other students.
After this basic HR questions were asked like why this company etc..
Finally 5 students from my college and 2 from other colleges were selected.I was one of them:)
Got chocolates after selection:)