HackWithInfy SES Interview Experience 2020
The HackWithInfy consist of 3round
Round 1(Coding Round):
- The Coding round was held on the HackerEarth Coding platform on 30th March 2020.
- It comprises 3 questions with Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty levels of each.
- The time allotted to solve these questions is 3 hrs.
- I had solved 1 question completely and the rest 2 partially. So, I made it to the next round.
Round 2(Coding Round): This Coding round was also held on the HackerEarth platform on 31st May 2020.
- It also comprises 3 questions but the level of the questions increases.
- In this round, we won’t able to see the number of test cases your code has passed while submitting.
- In my case, I got questions from Strings, PriorityQueue, and Graphs. Based on the performance one can be offered PPI for an SES or PP role.
- I had solved 2 questions and I got PPI for the SES role.
Round 3(Interview): My interview was held online on the Infosys Meridian platform and last for 1 hour.
Interviewer: he introduced himself to me and he said that he has already gone through my resume. So, he asked me to tell him about the technologies that I know.
Interviewer: explain any one of the technology.
Interviewer: explain briefly about your projects.
Me: I had done 3 projects and I explained them.
Interviewer: asked me to explain one of my Android-based projects in detail
Interviewer: asked me questions about that project.
Me: I answered all of them
Interviewer: asked me about my favorite subjects
Me: Data Structure and Algorithms
Interviewer: Another one?
Interviewer: asked Questions from DBMS like codd rules, Normalization, and Joins.
Me: Answered all of them except one question (from codd rules).
Interviewer: are you good at programming
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: if I give you a question can you solve it
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: in which language
Me: Java or Python I am comfortable with any of them sir.
Interviewer: I will give you a logical question, just give me the approach I don’t need the answer. can you do that?
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: I bought 72 identical items. Each item had the same cost ‘X’, and the cost was Rs. _679_ what are the first and last digits? (you can find the problem directly on google).
Me: give him the approach. (even it is a simple problem I literally take 10min to solve this the interview was so nice and he is giving me hints, he was impressed by my approach and said that was a nice idea)( i gave him an approach that is not on google).
Interviewer: Any questions for me?
Me: asked him to share his experience with Infosys
Interviewer: he answered with different types of job roles he did in infosys.
Interviewer: As per company policies I can’t tell you about your performance.
Me: Ok sir.
After 5 days I got a mail that I had selected for the SES role.
Tips for Interview:
- Be confident about your answers. Prepare your resume well. if you dont know the answer, just say that you don’t know. have good knowledge about your projects.
- I had got my stuff from GeeksforGeeks interview experiences and CodeChef(https://discuss.codechef.com/t/preparation-for-se-ses-dse-pp-interview-hack-with-infy-and-infytq/70917). Hope it will be helpful.
Thank you GeeksforGeeks.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!