Google STEP Internship
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company also referred to as the most powerful company in the world that focuses on artificial intelligence, search engines, online advertising, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
The main aim of the Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) is to bridge the gap between academic studies and a professional internship. STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program) is a 10-12 week internship for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science. It offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other STEP interns, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. The internship program focuses on providing development opportunities to students from historically underrepresented groups in tech through technical training and professional development. In India, this program focuses on girls in their first or second year of undergraduate studies.
- The applicant must be in their first or second year of a full-time Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- The applicant must have programming experience in Java, C++, or Python.
Application Procedure: To start the application process you will need an updated CV or resume. And then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click on the “Apply” button against STEP internship on their portal and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred).
- Step 2: In the “Resume Section:” attach your updated CV or resume.
- Step 3: In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English (optional).
- Step 4: Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Stipend: Google pays a handsome stipend to its STEP internship students along with other amazing benefits.
Pattern: It is conducted in two rounds.
- Round 1(Technical round 1): Coding questions of difficulty level easy to medium based on string manipulation or some standard questions.
- Round 2(Technical round 2): This is also a coding round with DSA questions revolving around arrays, trees, maths, and time complexities. The difficulty level is medium to hard.
Please refer to Google archives for all the Google interview Experiences.