Goldman Sachs Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship)
Round 1: Round one was an online test conducted on hackerearth platform and was open to all the branches. The test had 5 sections with time limits for each section.
- Two moderate level programming question
- One programming question was similar to wildcard pattern matching problem.
- MCQ questions based on CS subjects.
- MCQ questions based on problem-solving.
- Personal response questions.
I was one of the 20 students to be shortlisted for the second round. It was conducted over Zoom call with hackerrank dashboard for checking code.
Round 2: It was a technical round. The following questions were asked.
- Sort an array of 0s, 1s and 2s
- Design a datastructure that stores the birthdates of all employees of an institution and when a date is given to a function it should give the next closest birthdate.
Round 3: I was asked to code the following problems
Round 4: It was also a technical round, the interviewer asked the following puzzles
- To determine whether a bishop will be able to reach a particular cell on a chessboard, if yes then in how many steps.
- To determine whether a robot that can only turn left and move forward remains restricted in a particular region or not.
- Approach for a simple string-based question and time complexity for it.
Each round lasted for about 1-1.5 hrs. At the end of the 4th round, I was one of the five students to be selected for the internship.