Gobar Dhan Yojana
GOBAR Dhan Yojana is the central government scheme launched in 2018-19 in the central budget. The main Moto of this scheme is to generate employment or income through the waste. This scheme is initiated under the Swachh Bharat mission and extended to rural areas. GOBAR means Galvanizing Organic Bio Agro Resources.
GOBAR Dhan Yojana:
- GOBAR Dhan Yojana scheme is launched by the Department of drinking water and sanitation under the Jal Shakti Ministry in the year 2018-19 at the National sanitation conference held in Bhopal.
- This scheme has been implemented as a part of Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin Phase 2.
- The main goal of this scheme is to make India open defecation-free (ODF) as well as to promote sanitation in both rural and urban areas.
- The central government made an initiative to encourage farmers to consider dung and other waste not just as waste but as a source of income.
- The central government has decided to increase Self Reliance on energy utilized for cooking and lighting.
Objectives of GOBAR Dhan Yojana:
- The main objective of this scheme is to make villages clean under Swachh Bharat Mission and generate additional income and energy from animal waste and other types of organic waste.
- Under this scheme clusters will be set up in each district and Biogas plants are constructed such that the entrepreneurs will collect the cattle dung and solid wastes and will be using them for producing compost, organic manure, biogas, or bio CNG.
- An online trading platform is to be developed for the smooth operation of GOBAR Dhan Yojana. Under this platform, the farmers will be connected directly with buyers to ensure fair prices for cow dung and crop residues.
- Under this scheme, different types of business models are being created consolidating small and large-scale operations in all classifications of the bio energy esteem chain.
Benefits of Gobar Dhan Yojana:
- Rural areas in India have the largest cattle population about 300 million as per some surveys in the world when compare to all the other nations, which have the potential to benefit from it by covering large amounts of energy and income.
- Cattle dung, kitchen waste, agriculture waste, and solid waste can be used to produce biogas-based energy.
- This scheme intends to expand the income of farmers by converting biodegradable waste into Compressed Biogas (CBG).
- This scheme attracts entrepreneurs for establishing community-based CBG plants.
- It will be easier to keep the village clean and sanitized. Livestock health will be improved and farm yields will increase.
- Implementation of this project will lead to the availability of cooking gas at a cheaper cost. Bio slurry is also available as a residue of the Biogas which can be utilized for vermicompost and organic farming.
Related Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions:
1Q. What is the full form of GOBAR Dhan Yojana?
Answer: The full form of GOBAR Dhan is Galvanizing Organic Bio Agro Resources.
2Q. What is the main aim of GOBAR Dhan Yojana?
Answer: The main aim of GOBAR Dhan Yojana is to generate income from the cattle waste and solid waste produced in the rural areas, besides this to attain a clean atmosphere and sanitation in the villages.
3Q. Under which Ministry GOBAR Dhan Yojana is launched?
Answer: GOBAR Dhan Yojana is launched by the department of drinking water and sanitation under Jal Shakti Ministry in the year 2018.
4Q. What is the main aim of the Swachh Bharat Mission in India?
Answer: The main aim of the Swachh Bharat Mission is to make India an open defecation-free country and to promote sanitation.
5Q. How many states in India have implemented GOBAR Dhan Yojana?
Answer: Statistics have shown that in India in about 16 States, and 374 districts over 3.5 lakh villages have implemented GOBAR Dhan Yojana thus declaring them as open defecation-free States.