Forcepoint Interview Experience for Software Engineer | On-Campus 2021
Eligibility: CGPA 8+, No Active Backlog
Round 1(Aptitude + Technical MCQs): Was conducted on Mettl.
- Each section had its own cut-off
- Questions were of easy & medium difficulty levels.
- One who has practiced on IndiaBix (https://www.indiabix.com/aptitude/questions-and-answers/) can solve them fast & correctly.
- Due to technical glitches, few questions were repeated in the test itself.
Out of the 50 students that appeared for this, only 16 (15 boys, 1 girl) were shortlisted for interviews. My interview was the last and I already had a bad feeling about this, since usually by the end, the interviewers are tired and it might affect your results.
Round 2(Tech Interview 1): Started with exchanging greetings and talking about the local situation pertaining to Covid-19.
- Introduce yourself.
- Discussion about managerial as well as technical aspects of one of my internships where I was supposed to lead a team of 10 people.
- Situation-based questions like “What if…”
- 2-3 Puzzles that were similar to the ones on GfG. However, I couldn’t solve 1 of them due to pressure.
- Then we came to OOP. He asked me to define Encapsulation and Inheritance.
- Immediately next I was asked about various sorting techniques. Their time complexities. Best & worst case.
- What is recursion? Which DS is used for it?
- Finding a loop in Linked List in various ways.
- Application of stacks.
- Implement a queue using a stack data structure in Multiple ways.
- And followed by many many follow-up questions.
After this round was done, 7 (6 boys, 1 girl) students were shortlisted for Round 3 (Tech Interview 2). I was not one of them though. However, I came to know from my friends that this round was quite easy and lasted only 20 mins, with general questions about projects. 6 (5 boys, 1 girl) were contacted for the HR round, and finally, 4 (3 boys, 1 girl) were selected.