Figma vs Adobe XD
Each and every sector is moving towards online platforms so they need to build user interfaces and for that, a vector graphics editing software is a mandatory requirement. The market is full of vector editing software which has different features and functionalities so there is a lot of confusion in choosing a software. Hence we will compare the two most popular vector graphic editing tools which are Figma and Adobe XD. Both of these tools are used by multiple organizations and come with tons of features. These softwaress can be used on different platforms and provides easy to use interface. Figma and Adobe XD come with paid as well as trial periods so anybody can use them for a certain time period and if he/she finds them useful they can purchase them.
What is Figma?
Figma is computer software which is used for prototyping and editing vector graphics. It is mainly used in designing UI/UX for mobile and web platforms. The development credit for this software goes to Figma Incorporation. It was launched in 2016. It comes with advanced drag and drop features to make different designs, logos, symbols, illustrations etc. It is available for different operating systems like Windows, Linux, MacOS etc.
Advantages of Figma
- It does not require any space on the user’s hard disk as it is a browser-based app.
- It has an easy-to-use interface with a structured editor.
- It has a collaboration feature which allows different members of the team to work on a project together.
- It allows users to share frames or files with permissions to the dedicated personnel.
- It allows communication among team members through slack.
Limitations/Disadvantages of Figma
- It requires an internet connection to work on it, no offline feature is provided.
- Uploading files to Figma takes a large amount of time.
- It requires a graphic card to work smoothly.
What is Adobe XD?
Adobe XD is a vector-based UI/UX software which assists users in designing and prototyping works. It was developed by Adobe Incorporation and its initial version was launched in 2016 while the stable release was in 2021. It is available in different languages. It is useful for product designers, app designers, visual designers etc. It provides a simple user interface with advanced features like punchy colours, techy typefaces etc.
Advantages of Adobe XD
- It allows working with files from different tools like Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- It supports cloud functionality so files can be saved in the cloud and can be assessed from anywhere.
- Files sharing is easy and files can also be shared in read-only mode so no one can edit them.
- It comes with robust tools to allow precise design.
Limitations of Adobe XD
- Exporting CSS along with designs is not allowed so an external plugin is required.
- Customization of shapes for vector design is limited.
- It is a costly software.
Following is a table of differences between Figma and Adobe XD:
|1.||It is defined as a user interface designing software which helps in editing vector graphics and prototyping.||It can be understood as a UI/UX designing tool which helps in prototyping and graphic designing work.|
|2.||It was developed by Figma Incorporation.||It was developed by Adobe Incorporation.|
|3.||It is available for Windows as well as for Linux and Mac operating systems.||It is available for Windows and Mac operating systems but not available for Linux operating systems.|
|4.||It saves files with the .fig extension.||Files are saved with .XD file extension.|
|5.||Figma starter is completely free while Figma professional charges $15 per month.||It offers 7 days free trial after which a subscription starts at $9.99 per month.|
|6.||It has some plugins for performing different tasks.||It does not allow working with external plugins.|
|7.||Figma is a browser-based application.||It is a desktop application which can be used online as well as offline.|
|8.||It is used by freelancers and small companies.||It is used by large corporations.|
Please Login to comment...