Drupal vs WooCommerce
Over the last few years, companies are shifting from traditional marketing to digital media marketing as it is more effective in gaining new customers. Companies are establishing their digital presence on different platforms including social media, blogging sites etc. Each and every company has created their own websites to provide information to potential customers, or to sell products through e-commerce stores, making websites or web applications is a complex and time-consuming task which requires coding skills. Hence to solve this problem, many organizations have provided website building and content management platforms which make it easy to create web applications. Two such platforms are Drupal and WooCommerce which provides different services to build websites, web applications and e-commerce stores.
Drupal can be understood as a content management framework which helps in building interactive web applications and websites. It is an open-source platform. The development credit for this platform goes to Dries Buytaert. It was initially launched in 2000. The current version of this framework is 8.5 It was developed using PHP programming language. It was built using a software architectural pattern.
Advantages of Drupal
- It is open source and has a large community.
- It has better scalability features means scaling the business is very easy.
- It provides free services means basic functionalities are free.
- It has multilingual capabilities means users can use a large number of languages.
Disadvantages of Drupal
- It does not support mobile platforms.
- It is difficult for non-technical users as customization requires coding skills.
WooCommerce is defined as an online platform for e-commerce activities, it is designed on WordPress and provides highly customized features. It is an open-source platform and the company credited for the development of this platform is Automattic. It was first launched in 2011 and its stable version was released in 2022. The authors of this platform are Mike Jolley and James Koster.
Advantages of WooCommerce
- It is completely free which makes it the first choice for the customers who do not have enough budget.
- It provides a large number of pre-built store designs which can be easily customized.
- It has better response time on the front end as well as on the back end.
- It allows the user to have complete control of the flow of data and its features.
Disadvantages of WooCommerce
- It does not work with platforms other than hosted by WordPress.
- It requires payment for advanced features like using your own payment gateway.
Below is a table of differentiation between WooCommerce and Drupal:
|1.||It is a content management framework which helps in building websites, blogs, web applications etc||It can be understood as an e-commerce plugin which provides e-commerce store building functionalities.|
|2.||Drupal was founded by Dries Buytaert.||It was founded by Mike Jolley and James Koster.|
|3.||It is used to build websites, blogs, web applications, e-commerce stores etc.||It is only for e-commerce stores.|
|4.||It does not have a payment facility and requires third-party plugins.||It comes with in-built payment gateways.|
|5.||It has multilingual and currencies support.||It mainly supports English, for other languages third-party plugins can be used.|
|6.||It provides support on ticket-based systems as well as phone support.||It provides limited support to users on a ticket-based system|
|7.||Some of the advanced features of drupal are VAT support, custom products, scalability and mobile optimisation.||It comes with advanced features like anti-fraud, advance tax calculation, subscription management etc.|
|8.||It allows audio file management.||The Audio File management option is not available.|
Please Login to comment...