Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
Here we will be discussing how to get the answer to all questions related to installing Python on Windows/Linux/macOS. Python was developed by Guido van Rossum in the early 1990s and its latest version is 3.10.8, we can simply call it Python3. To understand how to install Python You need to know What Python is and where it is actually installed in your system. Let’s consider a few points:
- Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language.
- Every Release of Python is open-source. Python releases have also been GPL-compatible.
- Any version of Python can be downloaded from Python Software Foundation website at python.org.
- Most the languages, notably Linux provides a package manager through which you can directly install Python on your Operating System
In this Python tutorial on Installation and Setup, you’ll see how to install Python on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Python Latest Version Installation and Setup
Here you can choose your OS and see the corresponding tutorial,
How to install Python on Windows?
Since windows don’t come with Python preinstalled, it needs to be installed explicitly. Here we will define step by step tutorial on How to install Python on Windows. Follow the steps below :
Download Python Latest Version from python.org
Step 1: First and foremost step is to open a browser and type https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
Step 2: Underneath the Python Releases for Windows find the Latest Python 3 Release – Python 3.10.5 (the latest stable release as of now is Python 3.10.5).
Step 3: On this page move to Files and click on Windows x86-64 executable installer for 64-bit or Windows x86 executable installer for 32-bit.
Here we are providing the installation process of Python 3.10.4 on Windows
- Run the Python Installer for how to install python on windows downloads folder
- Make sure to mark Add Python 3.10 to PATH otherwise you will have to do it explicitly. It will start installing python on windows.
- After installation is complete click on Close. Bingo..!! Python is installed. Now go to windows and type IDLE.
- This is Python Interpreter also called Python Shell. I printed Hello geeks, python is working smoothly.
- The three greater than >>> sign is called Python command prompt, where we write our program and with a single enter key, it will give result so instantly.
How to install Python on Linux?
On every Linux system including the following OS,
- Linux Mint
- and my favorite one, Arch Linux.
You will find Python already installed. You can check it using the following command from the terminal
$ python --version
To check the latest version of python 2.x.x :
$ python2 --version
To check the latest version of python 3.x.x :
$ python3 --version
Clearly, it won’t be the latest version of python. There can be multiple methods to install python on a linux base system and it all depends on your Linux system. For almost every Linux system, the following commands would work definitely.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install python3.10.4
Download and install Python’s Latest Version on Linux
To install the latest version from the source code of Python follow the below steps:
Download Python Latest Version from python.org
- First and foremost step is to open a browser and open https://www.python.org/downloads/source/
- Underneath the Stable Releases find Download Gzipped source tarball (latest stable release as of now is Python 3.10.4).
Download and install Homebrew Package Manager
- If you don’t have homebrew installed on your system, follow the steps below Open the Terminal Application of macOS from Application -> Utilities. Bash terminal will open where you can enter commands Enter following command in macOS terminal
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
- Enter the system password if prompted. This will install the Homebrew package Manager on your OS. After you see a message called “Installation Successful”. You are ready to install python version 3 on your macOS.
Install Python Latest Version on macOS / macOS X
- To install python simple open Terminal app from Application -> Utilities and enter following command
brew install python3
- After command processing is complete, Python’s version 3 would be installed on your mac. To verify the installation enter following commands in your Terminal app
- Bingo..!! Python is installed on your computer. You can explore more about Python here
- Offline Python 3.10 interpreter: no Internet is required to run Python programs.
- Pip package manager and a custom repository for prebuilt wheel packages for enhanced scientific libraries, such as numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn.
- Tensorflow is now also available.
- Examples available out-of-the-box for quicker learning.
- Complete Tkinter support for GUI.
- Full-featured Terminal Emulator, with a readline support (available in pip).
- To install Pydroid app go to play store link here – Pydroid 3 – IDE for Python 3
- After installation is complete, run the app and it will show as installing python.
- Wait for a minute and it will show the ide. Here you can enter the Python code.
- Click on the yellow button to run the code.
Python is installed successfully. You can check more features of this app here.
- GeeksforGeeks IDE – ide.geeksforgeeks.org
- Python Fiddle: pythonfiddle.com
- Python Anywhere: www.pythonanywhere.com
- Online gdp compiler – onlinegdb.com
- kaggle – kaggle.com
- JuPyter/IPython Notebook – jupyter.org
- Google Colab – colab.research.google.com
Please Login to comment...