Difference between MEAN Stack and Full Stack Developer
MEAN refers to
- M for MongoDB (NoSQL database)
- E for Express (a backend web application framework for Node.js)
- N for Node.js (an open source, cross-platform run-time environment for developing server-side and network applications)
Pros of Mean Stack Development:
- It helps in developing websites/apps faster and simpler.
- This uses only one uniform language which is used for stack development.
- It helps in developing applications on a rapid base.
- It uses very low memory as overhead.
- It organizes the whole application.
- It helps to avoid every unnecessary groundwork.
- Its Mongo DataBase is used for cloud storage.
Cons of Mean Stack Development:
- It is not best for large-scale applications.
- It is hard to go back to approach the old data when you already developed the website using Mean Stack technology.
- In business logic, it gives poor isolation from the server.
- It loses record and doesn’t have backup facilities.
An IT professional who works on the development of both server-side and client-side software, is called a full stack developer who requires knowledge on a set of technologies.
The pre-requisites for full stack developer:
- PHP, ASP, Python, Node.js
- Program a database like MySQL, SQLite, MongoDB
Front-end or Client side softwares :
Back-end or Server side software:
Pros of Full-stack development:
- In a development project, you can master all the techniques involved.
- Making a prototype is rapidly very good.
- It provides help to each of your team members.
- We can reduce the cost of the project.
- We can reduce the time used for your team member’s communication.
- We can switch both front-end and back-end development based on their requirements.
- We can also understand the upcoming technologies and the aspects of new techniques.
Cons of Full-stack development :
- In the project, the choice of solution can be wrong.
- It can be dependent on development skills as the chosen solution.
- A key-person risk can be held by the solution.
Difference between MEAN stack developer and Full stack developer :
MEAN STACK DEVELOPER
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
|02.||MEAN stack development is a set of four full-stack technologies that can be used to make a full-stack application. It is an integral part of full-stack development.||A full-stack developer knows all the web development frameworks, technologies, programming languages required to develop a fully functional website.|
|03.||In this, developers are widely facilitated to use the Angular front-end framework.||In this, developers can use any front-end technologies from a lot of front-end development frameworks.|
|05.||There is only one database i.e Mongo DB.||In this, developers are work with a lot of databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.|
|07.||MEAN stack generally refers to a full-stack development framework.||Full-stack generally refers to a full-stack development process based on the mentioned technologies.|