Difference between Hardware and Peripherals
1. Hardware: Hardware, as the name suggests, is simply a physical part and tangible component of a computer system that can be seen and touched as well as is mostly required by the computer system to function or work.
Key components of computer hardware include:
- CPU: The central processing unit is the “brain” of the computer and is responsible for processing instructions and performing calculations.
- RAM: Random access memory is a type of volatile memory that provides temporary storage for data and instructions that the CPU needs to access quickly.
- Hard drive: A hard drive is a non-volatile storage device that stores data and files on a computer system.
- Motherboard: The motherboard is the main circuit board of a computer system and contains the CPU, RAM, and other components.
- Graphics card: A graphics card is a component that generates output images to a computer’s display.
2. Peripherals: Peripherals, as the name suggests, are simply devices that are used to be added to computers to expand or increase their abilities as well as enhance their features and functionality and are connected directly to computers or other digital devices.
Some common examples of computer peripherals include:
- Mouse: A mouse is an input device used to control the movement of the cursor on a computer screen.
- Keyboard: A keyboard is an input device used to input text and commands into a computer system.
- Monitor: A monitor is an output device used to display visual information from a computer system.
- Printer: A printer is an output device used to produce physical copies of documents or images.
- External hard drive: An external hard drive is a storage device that connects to a computer system to provide additional storage space.
Difference between Hardware and Peripherals:
|1.||Computer Hardware is physical parts that make your computer.||Peripherals are pieces of hardware that are added to a computer to expand its abilities and to work more efficiently.|
|2.||It is used to take input, store data, display output and execute commands.||It is used to put information into and get information out of the computer.|
|3.||Features of hardware include functionality, portability, efficiency, user documentation, etc.||Features of peripherals include storage, processing, usability, speed, etc.|
|4.||Benefits of hardware include improving customer service, developing more effective communication, improving business efficiency, implementing the right business technology, etc.||Benefits of peripheral devices include making networking easier, increasing efficiency, making the functioning of computers more effective, caution about information, etc.|
|5.||Hardware is designed to provide instructions to software or render results from its execution.||Peripherals are designed to provide extra function as well as data input and output functionality to computer.|
|6.||Type of hardware includes input devices, processing devices, output devices, memory or storage devices, etc.||Type of peripherals includes input hardware, output hardware, storage devices, etc.|
|7.||Its main purpose is capture data, transform it and present it to users as output.||Its main purpose is to put help end-users access and use the functionalities of the computer.|
|8.||Computer Hardware is important for a computer to function and a computer cannot work without computer hardware.||Peripherals are not much important for a computer to function and a computer can function without peripherals.|
|9.||The CPU, monitor, UPS, keyboard, and mouse are examples of hardware. These are the components that make up a computer’s hardware.||Peripheral hardware includes Graphics cards, external hard drives, pen drives, USB, and other devices. These are referred to as “peripheral hardware.”|
|10.||A desktop computer becomes almost worthless when the monitor is removed.||A printer or a USB, for example, can be detached and the computer will continue to function normally.|
hardware and peripherals are both essential components of modern computer systems. While hardware is responsible for processing data and running software applications, peripherals provide additional functionality such as input, output, and storage. By understanding the differences between hardware and peripherals, businesses and individuals can effectively build and maintain computer systems that meet their needs.
Please Login to comment...