Devploit – Information Gathering Tool in Kali Linux
Devploit is a free and open-source tool available on GitHub. Devploit is used as an information-gathering tool. Devploit is used to scan websites for information gathering and finding vulnerabilities in websites and web apps. This tool can be used to get information about our target(domain). We can target any domain using Devploit. The interactive console provides a number of helpful features, such as command completion and contextual help. This tool is written in the Ruby language. You must have ruby installed in your kali Linux to use this tool. Devploit can detect WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and Magento CMS, WordPress sensitive files, and WordPress version-related vulnerabilities. Devploit uses different modules for doing all the scannings.Devploit is a vulnerability Scanner which has DNS Lookup, WHOIS lookup, GEO-Lookup, Subnet lookup, port scanner, Links extractor etc. Devploit can detect closed and open ports of networks. Devploit is also called a complete package of information gathering tools. Devploit scans the website for cross site scripting also. Devploit can also scan sql vulnerabilities in web applications. Devploit is one of the easiest and useful tools for performing reconnaissance on website and web apps. The Devploit tool is also available for linux, window and android phones ( termux ) that is coded in both bash and ruby languages. Devploit interface is very similar to Metasploit 1 and Metasploit. Devploit provide command line interface that you can run on Kali Linux.
Features and Uses of Devploit:
- Devploit is a complete package of information-gathering modules.
- Devploit works and acts as a web application/website scanner.
- Devploit is one of the easiest and useful tool for performing reconnaissance.
- Devploit is written in ruby language.
- Devploit interface is very similar to metasploitable 1 and metasploitable 2 that makes is easy to use.
- Devploit’s interactive console provides a number of helpful features.
- Devploit is a complete package of information-gathering tools.
- Devploit can be used to find IP Addresses of target.
- Devploit can be used to look for error-based SQL injections.
- Devploit can be used to find sensitive files such as robots.txt.
- Devploit can be used to find information about Geo-IP lookup, banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning, sub-domain information, reverse IP using WHOIS lookup.
Step 1: Open your kali linux operating system and install the tool using the following command.
git clone https://github.com/joker25000/Devploit cd Devploit
Step 2: The tool has been downloaded and is now install the tool using the following command.
chmod +x install ./install
Step 3: Use the following command to run the tool.
The tool is running successfully now.
Example 1: Use the Devploit tool to scan the ports of a domain.
Select option 5 and give an IP address to the tool.
5 <ip address>
Example 2: Use the Devploit tool to find the location of an IP address.
As for the ip locator, the option is 6. Choose option 6 and give IP locator, address.
6 <ip address>
Please Login to comment...