Coreldraw vs Figma
According to research, it is clear that visual data is more easy to interpret and hence images become very helpful for understanding complex information. Due to this around 3 billion images are uploaded on internet for different purposes. These images are created by artists, designers, freelancers, individual etc. using different graphic software. Figma and CorelDraw are commonly used software for creating, editing, manipulating and publishing images. So let’s compare the two.
What is CorelDraw?
CorelDraw is a proprietary vector and raster graphic editor used to create and edit images. Launched in 1989 by Corel corporation it was one of the best tool for graphic editing which has advance tools like artistic media tool, color swatches, pressure sensitive brushes etc. Artwork can be easily exported in different file formats.
Advantages of CorelDraw
- It has Corel connect tool to extract images from websites.
- It has enormous sources from where users can easily learn.
- It contains image library for saving images for later use.
- It can integrate with other vector editing software like Vector Magic.
Disadvantages of CorelDraw
- It becomes slower when rendering high quality images.
- It does not have auto tracing feature like Illustrator.
What is Figma?
Figma is a web application that was built for interface designing work. It was developed by Figma for UI/UX designing of different mobile and web apps. It can be used on various platforms like Windows, Linux, macOS, etc. for creating symbols, icons, logos, etc. It was first launched in 2016 and became widely popular as a prototyping software.
Advantages of Figma:
- It does not require installation as it is a web application hence saving the user’s storage.
- It comes with built-in collaboration tools for working with the team.
- It ensures secure file transfer among team members by implementing read and write permissions.
- It can be integrated with external plugins for custom functionalities.
Limitations/Disadvantages of Figma:
- Uploading files to Figma takes a large amount of time.
- It is not possible to use it without an internet connection.
Following is a table of differences between CorelDraw and Figma:
|Definition||It can be defined as an image editing and manipulation software for vector graphics.||It is defined as a user interface designing software that helps in editing vector graphics and prototyping.|
|Developer(s)||It was developed by Corel Corporation.||It was developed by Figma Incorporation.|
|File Extension||Its files are saved in CDR file format.||It saves files with the .fig extension.|
|Official Website||coreldraw.com is the official website of CorelDraw.||figma.com is the official website of Figma.|
|Price||It is available at a price of $22.42 per month.||Figma starter is completely free while Figma professional charges $15 per month.|
|Features||Image editing, tracing, content sharing, batch processing etc. are some features of CorelDraw.||Features of Figma include Animation, collaboration tools, document storage, design templates, etc.|
|Source Code||Its source code is not available as it is not an open source software.||Its source code is available at github.com/figma|
|Type||It is a desktop application.||Figma is a browser-based application.|
On comparing Figma and CorelDraw it can be concluded that Figma is best for designing user interfaces and it is an open source software which cab be used for free with limited features while CorelDraw is used by artists for creating vector and raster images. So one can choose between the two based on designing requirement.