Comparison between Go & Node.js
Go: Go or Golang is a statically typed, open-source procedural-oriented programming language. It was designed at Google by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson, and it was released on the 10th of November 2009. The language was designed using C programming language so the syntax of the language is quite similar to C language. However, Golang has some additional features like memory safety, garbage collection, concurrency, etc. There are many big organizations that use the Go language like Uber, DailyMotion, Soundcloud, Medium, Docker, Intel, Baidu, Twitch, Google itself, and many more. For creating static websites, server development, web scraping, and designing backend Golang is mostly preferred. But due to the being slower and verbose it is still not so popular.
Advantages Of Using Golang:
- It is easy to learn as Go language has simple syntax, and also it is designed using C programming language.
- It is a fast language as compilation is quick and generated binary code is too less.
- It has the ability to support concurrency as goroutine function and channel make it possible.
- Syntax of Golang is neat as well as very easy to understand.
- Google’s active support is there for Golang.
- Excellent documentation.
Some important points about Go:
- Go is a statically typed procedural-oriented programming language.
- It was developed at Google in 2009.
- It has nice features like memory safety, concurrency, and garbage collection.
- Go is slower due to the verbose nature of the language.
- Go is lighter comparatively as it is based on C and C++.
- In Go the compile-time and runtime errors are to be handled differently, and also they have to implement explicit error checking
- The concurrency feature of go makes it suitable for large projects. This is achieved by using Goroutines in Go.
- Golang is comparatively less popular and has less community support which makes it tough to learn.
- There are many big organizations which use Go language like Uber, DailyMotion, Soundcloud, Medium, Docker, Intel, Baidu, Twitch, Google itself, and many more.
Advantages Of Using NodeJS:
- Easy to learn as it has concise, clean syntax.
- Run time open-source development platform so it has a large and active Community.
- Parallel execution provides high performance
- Advantage of caching
Some important points about NodeJS:
- In the year 2009, it was developed by Ryan Dahl.
- NodeJS is very fast when used with lighter algorithms and non-blocking operations.
- NodeJS works linearly so it is more suitable for lighter and small projects.
- NodeJS has a large community base supporting the framework. Hence, it is easier to learn.
- Tech giants like Netflix, Uber, eBay, Walmart, Medium, LinkedIn, PayPal, NASA, etc use NodeJS.
Difference between GO and NodeJS:
|01.||Go is an open-source and multi-purpose programming language.||NodeJS is an open-source and server-side runtime environment.|
|02.||In the case of raw performance and computation Go language is preferred.||In the case of raw performance and computation, NodeJS is less preferred.|
|03.||Error handling in Golan creates little problem for developers as it implements explicit error checking.||Error handling is easier in NodeJS as it uses throw-catch error handling concept.|
|05.||Concurrency can be achieved with the Go language.||Concurrency can not be achieved with NodeJS.|
|06.||Go language scalability is more functional as compared to NodeJS.||NodeJS scalability is less functional as compared to GO language.|
|07.||As compared to NodeJS, there are few tools available for developers for development.||As compared Golang there are more tools, frameworks, and libraries available for developers for development.|
|08.||Uber, Medium, Intel, Google, Heroku, and many others use the Go language.||Netflix, Linked In, PayPal, Walmart, eBay, and many others use NodeJS.|