Class 9 NCERT Solutions – Chapter 14 Statistics – Exercise 14.1
Question 1: Give five examples of data that you can collect from your day-to-day life.
1. Number of teachers for each subject in our school.
2. Number of accidents happened during last week obtained from newspapers,
3. Gender ratio of all the states obtained from census data.
4. Average attendance of each student in our class.
5. Chief ministers of all the states obtained from newspaper or election commission.
Question 2: Classify the data in Q.1 above as primary or secondary data.
Primary data: When the information was collected by the investigator herself or himself with a definite objective in her or his mind, the data obtained is called primary data.
Primary data: 1, 4.
Secondary data: When the information was gathered from a source which already had the information stored, the data obtained is called secondary data.
Secondary data: 2, 3, 5.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...