Cimpress Interview Experience for PR1 Software Engineer (On-Campus)
Cimpress came to our college in November end. The hiring process consisted of 3 rounds. 1 Coding round (1 hour) and 2 face-to-face interviews (1 hour each).
Round 1: Coding: Total 4 Questions:
- The question was in the form of the story between a girl and zombies, similar to: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/split-the-given-array-into-k-sub-arrays-such-that-maximum-sum-of-all-sub-arrays-is-minimum/
- You are given the following: An array A of size N, an integer K, a cross sequence S is obtained from A by :
For each 1 <= i,j <= N add |Ai – Aj| to S. Determine the kth smallest element in S. Similar to : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/k-th-smallest-absolute-difference-two-elements-array/ .
- Question on Vaccine distribution: https://leetcode.com/discuss/interview-question/1300012/seimens-online-assessment-question.
- Simple pattern-based Question.
Round 2: Technical:
- Questions asked based on resume like SQL vs NOSQL, Java, and data structures related.
- 2 Coding Questions:
- Implement stack using Java.
Round 3: Technical:
- The interview was more of discussions about various technical topics like databases, operating systems, and the theory of computation.
- Design schema for the shopping carts of an e-commerce website.
- After round 1, the company selected 30 students.
- 2nd and 3rd rounds happened after 4 days and the result was declared in the evening.
- They selected 5 students from our college.
- The process was really smooth and the interviewers were really friendly.
- Prepare well with your computer science subjects and practice medium-level of coding questions.
- Be confident during the interview.
Hope this helps. All the best!