CBSE Class 9 Science Notes 2023-2024
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes for the academic year 2023-2024 serve as a crucial foundation for students’ further education. To excel in exams, it is critical to fully comprehend each topic while also thoroughly revising the subject matter. As Class 9 is a crucial period for students, GeeksforGeeks provides precisely crafted revision notes to help students be productive and well-prepared for their CBSE Class 9 Science Exam. These science notes are compiled by subject specialists in science subjects and include extensive explanations for each topic covered in the NCERT Book’s chapters. The Class 9 science notes provide information on all of the relevant formulas, graphs, and equations, presented in an easy-to-understand language and manner.
CBSE Class 9 Science chapter notes will help students secure good marks as well as an understanding of the fundamental concepts of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Hence, these chapter-wise notes provided by GeeksforGeeks gave a crisp and clear explanation of all the important topics mentioned in the updated CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus. All required formulas, graphs, and equations are provided in the most concise manner possible for easier understanding.
Check these Class 9th Science Notes to learn and revise all the important concepts and their explanations for each topic covered in all chapters quickly. These notes help students as revision notes for the coming board examination.
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes – All Chapters List
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapters List
|Chapter 1 – Matter In Our Surroundings||
Chapter 9 – Force And Laws Of Motion
Chapter 2 – Is Matter Around Us Pure?
Chapter 10 – Gravitation
Chapter 3 – Atoms And Molecules
Chapter 11 – Work And Energy
Chapter 4 – Structure Of The Atom
Chapter 12 – Sound
Chapter 5 – The Fundamental Unit Of Life
Chapter 13 – Why Do We Fall Ill?
Chapter 6 – Tissues
Chapter 14 – Natural Resources
Chapter 7 – Diversity In Living Organisms
|Chapter 15 – Improvement In Food Resources|
Chapter 8 – Motion
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 1: Matter In Our Surroundings
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 1 Notes. This is especially useful for class 9 students who want to study more about different types of particle matter that we see and use in our daily lives.
The elements of matter, the five states of matter, the effect of temperature on the matter, plasma, Bose-Einstein Condensate (BEC), and essential measurement units are discussed in this chapter. Students should practice sample problems provided after each article while studying CBSE 9 notes for this chapter.
- Matter is Made Up of Particles
- Difference between Rigidity and Fluidity of Matter
- Classification of Matter
- Why Solids, Liquids, and Gases Have Different Properties
- Prove That Liquids have No fixed Shape but have a Fixed Volume
- Brownian Motion and Diffusion
- Diffusion in Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- What is the Unit of Temperature?
- What is the Relationship Between Celsius and Kelvin Scale of Temperature?
- Changing States of Matter
- Effect of Change of Temperature
- What is a Melting Point?
- What is Vaporization?
- What is Condensation?
- What is Freezing?
- Effect of Change of Pressure
- Liquefaction of Gases
- Effects of Relative Humidity and Wind Speed
- How Does Evaporation Cause Cooling?
- How to demonstrate the Presence of Water Vapour in Air?
- What is Plasma and Bose-Einstein Condensate?
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 2: Is Matter around us Pure
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 2 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about matter, which is made up of two primary particles known as leptons and quarks. Matter is classified into two types: pure material and mixes. While pure substances are formed of a single type of particle, mixtures are composed of more than one type of particle.
This science chapter helps to study pure and impure substances, heterogeneous and homogeneous mixtures, different forms of solutions and alloys, concentration, suspension, and different types of colloids in this chapter. You’ll find a succinct explanation of the chapter, as well as a suitable number of examples and illustrations where needed, in these notes.
- Pure and Impure Substances
- What is an Element?
- Metals, Non-Metals, and Metalloids
- Properties of Metals and Non-Metals
- What is a Mixture? – Definition, Types, Properties, Examples
- Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Mixtures
- Difference Between Compounds and Mixtures
- What is a Solution?
- What is a Suspension?
- Colloids – Definition, Types, Properties, Applications
- How will you distinguish a Colloid from a Solution?
- Tyndall Effect
- Classification of Colloids
- Concentration of a Solution
- Saturated and Unsaturated Solutions
- Factors affecting Solubility
- Separation of Mixtures
- How to separate a Mixture of Two Solids?
- Separation by a suitable solvent
- Separation of Mixtures using Sublimation and Magnets
- How to Separate a Mixture of a Solid and a Liquid?
- Separation by Filtration
- Water Purification
- Separation by Centrifugation
- How to Separate Cream from milk?
- Separation by Evaporation
- Separation by Chromatography
- Separation by Distillation
- Separation of Mixtures of Two or More liquids
- Separation by Fractional Distillation
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 3: Atoms and Molecules
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 3 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about atoms and molecules. Atoms and molecules play an important role in chemical reactions.
An atom is a tiny piece of matter that possesses the characteristics of an element. Some atoms exist independently of one another by producing ions and molecules. Molecules are produced when one or more atoms establish chemical bonds. It is the element’s smallest component that shows its qualities. Molecules can be produced through chemical bonding between two or more atoms. This science revision note thoroughly describes the atoms and molecules.
Introduction to Atom, Atomic Structure, Rutherford’s Experiment, Bohr Model of Atom, Hydrogen atom in different energy levels, Quantum Numbers, and their types are all covered in this chapter. This chapter’s free revision notes will help you cover all of the major topics for CBSE 9th-grade exams.
- Laws of Chemical Combination
- Conservation of Mass
- To Verify Law of Conservation of Mass in a Chemical Reaction
- Law of Constant Proportions
- Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- Drawbacks of Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- What is Atom
- Atomic Mass
- Significance of the Symbol of Elements
- How Do Atoms Exist?
- Molecules and Compounds
- Chemical Formula of Common Compounds
- Molecular Mass
- Significance of the Formula of a Substance
- Difference between Cations and Anions
- Polyatomic Ions
- What are Ionic Compounds?
- Formula Mass of Ionic Compounds
- What is a Chemical Formula? Definition, Types, Examples
- How to Calculate Valency of Radicals?
- What are Monovalent Ions?
- What are Divalent Ions?
- Trivalent Ions – Cations and Anions
- Formulas of Ionic Compounds
- Gram Atomic and Gram Molecular Mass
- Mole Concept – What is a Mole, Molar Mass, Solved Examples
- Problems Based on Mole Concepts
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 4: Structure of the Atom
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Chemistry Chapter 4 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about the structure of the atom. An atom is the smallest unit of a substance that preserves all of an element’s chemical characteristics. Molecules are created by combining atoms, which then join to form solids, liquids, or gases.
According to the structure of an atom class 9 notes, an atom has two regions: a nucleus that forms the centre of the atom and includes neutrons and protons, and an outside area that keeps the electron in its orbit around the nucleus. Neutrons have a negative charge equivalent to a proton’s positive charge.
This science revision note introduces the constituents of a nucleus, isotopes of elements, atomic number, mass number, and nuclear reactions are discussed in the online revision notes for this chapter. Students will be able to use free online notes, which are only available at GeeksforGeeks.
- What is an Atom? Definition, Structure, Parts
- Composition of an Atom
- Charged Particles in Matter
- Discovery of Electrons
- What is a Proton? Definition, Discovery, Characteristics
- Neutron – Discovery, Definition, Characteristics, Applications
- Thomson’s Atomic Model
- Rutherford’s Alpha Scattering Experiment
- Atomic Nucleus – Definition, Structure, Discovery, Characteristics
- Rutherford’s Atomic Model
- Drawbacks of Rutherford’s Atomic Model
- How did Neil Bohr explained the Stability of Atom?
- Bohr’s Model of an Atom
- Atomic Number and Mass Number
- Relation Between Mass Number and Atomic Number
- Arrangement of Electrons in the Atoms
- Electronic Configuration of Elements
- Potassium and Calcium – Atomic Structure, Chemical Properties, Uses
- Valence Electrons
- Noble Gas
- What is meant by Chemical Combination?
- Valency and Valence Electrons: Definition, Examples, and Relation
- Difference between Electrovalency and Covalency
- What are Isotopes?
- Why do all the Isotopes of an Element have similar Chemical Properties?
- Why Isotopes have different Physical Properties?
- What is Fractional Atomic Mass?
- Radioactive Isotopes – Definition, Properties, Uses
- What are Isotopes?
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 5: The Fundamental Unit of Life
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 5 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about the fundamentals unit of life. The smallest functional unit of life is a cell, discovered by Robert Hooke in 1665. A cell can independently perform all necessary activities to sustain life. Hence cell is the basic unit of life. There are two types of cells plant cells and animal cells. We’re going to cover cells in this science revision note.
This chapter’s notes for Class 9 provide an introduction to prokaryotic cells, their size, motility, cell adhesion, and varieties of bacteria (gram-positive and gram-negative). CBSE students must these articles to revise their Class 9 biology notes for their exams.
- Introduction Of Fundamental Unit Of Life
- What Are Living Organisms Made Up Of?
- Plasma Membrane Or Cell Membrane
- Cell Wall
- Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER)
- Golgi Apparatus
- Cell Division
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 6: Tissues
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 6 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about Tissues. Tissues are a group of cells that combine together to perform a particular function. Understand more about tissue in this science chapter.
These Class 9 biology chapter revision notes will help you focus on the many types of cells, tissues, and organs. These free notes are more effective than CBSE books since they include sample questions and use easy language.
- Introduction of Tissues
- Are Plants And Animals Made of the Same Types Of Tissues?
- Meristematic Tissue
- Permanent Tissue
- Animal Tissues
- Epithelial Tissue
- Connective Tissue
- Muscular Tissue
- Nervous Tissue
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 7: Diversity in Living Organisms
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 7 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about Diversity in Living Organisms. The revision notes cover all the important topics such as Introduction to Taxonomy, Hierarchy of classification, Nomenclature, 5 Kingdom classification, etc. Going through these notes will provide an overview of the complete chapter in short form. This topic’s class 9 science revision notes also cover the evolution, the Hardy-Weinberg law, natural selection, human evolution, and more. Class 9 biology notes are accessible for free download to assist you in comprehending complicated topics in simple language.
- Introduction Of Diversity In Living Organisms
- Basis of Biological Classification
- Classification And Evolution
- The Hierarchy Of Classification groups
- Coelenterata (Cnidaria)
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 8: Motion
When you walk or run, what do you think is the reason behind this action? In this science chapter, we’re going to study how Motion helps us and the different types of motion that help us move around and that we use in everyday life.
Motion notes for class 9 will help you review kinematics, Newton’s equations of motion, uniform circular motion, centripetal force, and other fundamental dynamics concepts. Class 9 notes can also be used to assess your CBSE exam preparation.
- Uniform and Non Ubiform Motion
- Measuring the Rate of Motion
- Velocity – Time Graphs
- Equation of Motion by Graphical Method
- Uniform Circular Motion
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 9: Force and Laws of Motion
Now that you’ve studied motion, let’s move on to force. A force is an effort that changes the state of an object at rest or at motion. It can change an object’s direction and velocity. Force can also change the shape of an object. In this science chapter, we’re going to learn about important concepts such as force, gravitational field, and Newton’s rule of motion are covered in depth in CBSE revision notes on this topic. Students in CBSE 9th grade can use topic-wise notes provided by GeeksforGeeks to test their knowledge and practice sample problems.
- Force – Definition, Effects, Types, Sample Problems
- Balanced and Unbalanced Forces
- Newton’s First Law of Motion
- Mass and Inertia
- Newton’s Second Law of Motion
- Newton’s Third Law of Motion
- Conservation of Momentum
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 10: Gravitation
Gravitation is a topic that has been fascinating to scientists and researchers all over the world for years. It was Sir Issac Newton who discovered that gravitation exists. In this scient chapter Gravitation of CBSE 9th Class science revision notes, we will help you in studying concepts such as mass and weight, gravitational field, Earth’s gravity, and Newton’s law of gravitation. Students can evaluate their level of exam preparation by solving sample problems provided at the end of each article at GeeksforGeeks, in addition to notes on this topic.
- Newton’s Universal Law of Gravitation
- Kepler’s Law of Planetary Motion
- Acceleration due to Gravity
- Factors affecting Acceleration due to Gravity
- Mass and Weight
- Free Fall – Definition, Examples, Formula, and Problems on it
- Weight of an Object on the Moon
- Pressure in Fluids
- Buoyant Force and Causes of Buoyant force
- Archimedes’ Principle
- Relative Density
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 11: Work and Energy
When you hear the words like Work and Energy…what do you think first? In science, work is defined as transferring energy into an object so that there is some expulsion. Energy is defined as the ability to do work. Work done is always the same. Energy can be of different types such as kinetic and potential energy.
To understand this scientific concept of work energy, read more about the same in CBSE Class 9 Science notes. Work done by a constant force, Gravitational potential energy, Kinetic energy, Elastic potential energy, and other concepts will be covered in this science topic’s revision notes. Students can improve their preparation level with the help of online class 9 science revision notes along with the sample problems provided at the end of each article at GeeksforGeeks.
- Work – Definition, Formula, Types of Work, Sample Problems
- What is Energy?
- Kinetic Energy
- Potential Energy
- Law of Conservation of Energy
- Commercial Unit of Energy
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 12: Sound
When you hear a sound, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? How is this sound produced? What are the characteristics of sound? You’ll get the answer to these questions in CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 5 Sound.
Class 9 Science free online sound notes can help you study topics such as sound speed in various mediums, pitch, and frequency, sound intensity, decibel scale, and more. Teachers recommend that students should practice conceptual as well as numerical questions to understand the concepts of Sound as studied in Class 9th better.
- Production and Propagation of Sound
- Sound Needs a Medium for Propagation
- Sound Waves are Longitudinal Waves
- What are the Characteristics of Sound Waves?
- Speed of Sound
- Reflection of Sound
- Explain the Working and Application of SONAR
- Human Ear
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 13: Why do we fall ill?
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 13 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about health and why we fall ill. Class 9 students should be aware of how health can affect their state of mind and well-being. A healthy individual is not only physically fit but also mentally healthy. The environment in which a person lives has a direct impact on his health. To be healthy, one should take care of his surroundings and keep them clean.
But, most significantly, food is essential for our growth and development, as mentioned in this science chapter of CBSE Class 9 Biology science revision notes.
An introduction to diseases, classification of diseases, types of bacteria, and their role in causing the infection are included in the free revision notes for the Class 9 biology chapter on diseases. CBSE students are encouraged to read all the articles in this category to understand more about Class 9th Science.
- Health And Its Failure
- Disease And Its Causes
- Acute and Chronic Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Means Of Spread
- Organ-Specific And Tissue-specific Manifestations
- Principles Of Treatment
- Principles Of Prevention
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 14: Natural Resources
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 14 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about natural resources. Natural Resources Class 9 notes are all about the environment’s natural resources. These are the 3 elements consisting of land, air, and water. The lithosphere is the earth’s solid outermost layer. The hydrosphere is the water found on the earth’s surface.
Furthermore, Class 9 Science Biology revision notes state that the atmosphere is the air that blankets the planet and shields it from hazardous radiations. Finally, the biosphere is the area that contains all of the biotic and abiotic components. According to Class 9 Science Chapter 14 notes, natural resources include forests, minerals, animals, air, soil, water, and soil.
This chapter’s science revision notes will help you study core concepts such as renewable and nonrenewable natural resources, as well as common natural resource challenges and their environmental impact. You can save time on exam preparation by using free notes from GeeksforGeeks.
- What are Natural Resources?
- Breath of Life: Air
- The Movement Of Air: Winds
- Air Pollution
- Water: A Wonder Liquid
- Mineral Riches In The Soil
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- Water Cycle
- The Nitrogen-Cycle
- What is the Greenhouse Effect?
- Ozone Layer
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 15: Improvement in Food Resources
In this science note, we’ll be covering science revision notes for Class 9 Biology Chapter 15 Notes. This is very important for class 9 students who wish to learn more about Improvement in Food Resources. We learn in this chapter of the CBSE NCERT Class 9 Science revision note that all living organisms require food. Proteins, carbohydrates, and necessary nutrients are provided by food for proper bodily development, growth, and health.
This chapter also discusses where the raw materials are sourced. It is a fascinating topic, and this chapter provides many insights into the numerous resources for food and sustainable agriculture.
Water resources, food chains, and mass and energy conservation are among the primary topics covered in CBSE notes for this topic in class 9. These biology notes for Class 9 can benefit you in preparing for school exams as well as competitive exams such as NEET.
- Improvement In Crop Yields
- Crop Variety Improvement
- Crop Production Management
- Nutrient Management
- Cropping Patterns in India
- Storage Of Grains
- What is Animal Husbandry?
- Cattle Farming
- Poultry Farming
- Marine Fisheries
- Inland Fisheries
FAQs on CBSE Class 9 Science Notes
Question 1: How many chapters are there in 9th science?
As per the CBSE Class 9 Science curriculum, there are a total of 15 chapters.
Question 2: Is CBSE Class 9 Science difficult?
CBSE Class 9 Science can be challenging but constant practice and revision make any subject, including CBSE Class 9 Science, easier for students to understand and score high marks in. With dedication and determination, even the most challenging subjects can become manageable.
Question 3: Is CBSE 9th exam a board exam?
CBSE Class 9 does not conduct board exams. Only internal exams are conducted by schools affiliated with CBSE in Class 9. These internal assessments help students and teachers to evaluate the student’s performance and identify areas where improvement is needed. The results of these exams are used to provide feedback to students and their parents, and to help prepare them for their future academic pursuits.
Question 4: What is the syllabus of class 9 CBSE 2022-23?
The syllabus for Science subjects in Class 9 CBSE covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Some of the key topics covered in the syllabus for Class 9 CBSE Science are:
Physics: Force and Pressure, Sound, Reflection and Refraction of Light
Chemistry: Acids, Bases, and Salts, The Structure of the Atom, Chemical Reactions and Equations
Biology: Tissues, Diversity in Living Organisms, Natural Resources
It is advisable to refer to the official CBSE website for the latest and updated syllabus of Class 9 CBSE Science 2022-23.
Question 5: Can I download the Class 8 Science notes PDF?
GeeksforGeeks doesn’t provide Class 8 Science notes in the form of a pdf. However, you can find articles and tutorials related to Class 8 Science topics on their website that can be helpful in your studies.
Please Login to comment...